Restoring on to clean install

Hi. I have a raspberry pi 3+ which I installed Home Assistant on using the Mac/Pi app, freshly this morning.

I have a backup from a system which was running on the same type of equipment (I’m trying to install this as it’s set up to run in the ways I need but I’m not techy enough to do it myself). The restore has now been running for over six hours (the file is only 15.6MB) and it’s still just spinning.

I don’t know what to do - should I try and refresh the page or do a new restore, or even install HA again and go all the way back to the start? I can see the IP address of the Pi on my network but I can’t access it in the browser if I try in a different tab.

Sorry, I know people have asked similar questions but I haven’t understood any of the responses enough to know if they would be useful for me. (I need to learn computer stuff more and will be definitely doing so soon!)

Thank you in advance.

Mine ran for 10 hours :sweat_smile:
Give it some more time and don’t give up I guess?

Option 1) sit and wait some more.

Option 2) reboot.

Theres a number of posts on the forum with restores appearing to be hung but in n reality it’s done waiting for a restart and forgot to tell the end user.

After 6 hrs with a small backup? I’d try the restart and see what happens.