surfrock66
(Joseph T Gullo)
October 23, 2021, 1:21am
119
At this point does anyone have a working config for a reverse proxy with apache? I’ve seen configs for ngnix and traefik, but not Apache since about July. There’s a few threads on it:
I’m trying to configure access to HA on my local network at home.myhouse.local. I’m following the instructions outlined in the post Reverse Proxy with Apache , and I’m not having any luck connecting at all. When I complete the setup in per the article, I get a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error.
My environment: I’m running HA Supervised with Ubuntu I also haven’t configured SSL yet; it’s on my to-do list, but for now I’m just trying to get up and running through a port 80 proxy. I’m using avah…
I’m 110% sure that my HA is running on the 192.168.1.1 address. I can access it with http://192.168.1.1:8123 and it works nicely. But I want to close a port from the internet to the HA and thus I need to use Apache and some kind of proxy configuration. I’ve already created certificates for my public static ip but the HA is not running on that machine. That’s why the proxy.
Can you please share your complete apache2 -config if possible that is working atm?
what does your configuration.yaml section for http look like?
In that thread, people are adding their reverse proxy based on an IP being blocked from the logs, I don’t have any log entries about a proxy being blocked.
Hi,
I have now been following along a bunch of tutorials on how to setup apache reverse proxy for HA. I have not succeeded with any config and was hoping to get some help from you, the experts, as you have got it running.
My setup is as follows:
I have home assistant installed on my ubuntu server running in a docker container. I have a reverser proxy configuration using apache2. This is all working. I can access my websites, services and home assistant from my local network (home assistant …
I have exactly the same issue with the wss to /api/websocket being blocked, however proxy_wstunnel is already enabled.
What kind of configuration would I have to do nin HA? So far I have done nothing to it and it still is working locally.
When I am hitting the domain in the browser I get the login screen and can type username and password. When trying to login after that the screen turns black and I get the HA Logo in the middle of the screen saying underneath: Unable to connect to Home Assistant. Underneath that message is a button that just says: Retry. It releoads the page. When looking into the logs I can s…
This whole /api/api thing didn’t change anything.
I documented my Apache config here back in April, and since then I’ve updated my config to allow both my proxy host IP AND the entire /24 subnet of the proxy, no good: