Revert back to the old way of handling Tuya please

Even my smartplugs are visible… but you can’t switch on or off and you don’t have any data on energy as I had with localtuya

Is this some kind of joke you’re telling now?
Smart_Life devices are not showing up in the Tuya add-on now!
I can pair smart life apps in WebIOT, they go to show the devices, but they never appear in the new addon.

So smart life devices are definitely not working.[quote=“francisp, post:40, topic:345837, full:true”]
My Tuya device is visible in Smart Life, and with the new Tuya integration. So Smart Life devices definitely work.
[/quote]

Is this some kind of joke you’re telling now?
Smart_Life devices are not showing up in the Tuya add-on now!
I can pair smart life apps in WebIOT, they go to show the devices, but they never appear in the new addon.

So smart life devices are definitely not working.

And working in HA :

@Filip_Svoboda
please consider the different experiences… in your case you are missing all, I can see the devices but I can’t do nothing, others have no problems at all…

Maybe it’s me, but this does not sound like a feature request. For reverting stuff, you could just go to github and do a pr with the revert in it. I know nobody is going to accept that, just as you know nobody is going to revert back to a deprecated unsupported api.

If you want to complain about this specific issue, contact Tuya, they are the ones that are going to break the old version. The exciting news is actually that they are the first big company that is trying to take the responsibility to fix what they break. And yes, it is somewhat annoying that there is an HA version that contains some incompatible items. You are not forced to update to the new version, so if you don’t like it, don’t install it.

If you want to help, ask for actual missing features, create a github issue with what is not working (or fix it yourself).

I really don’t understand why some people can’t be a bit more respectful to all the volunteers that contribute their spare time to give us all this stuff for free. They don’t owe us anything, it’s free!

And yes, even the people at NC don’t ask any money for HA. They are just the ones that are probably spending the most time on the project.

2 Likes

Closing the topic because this is not a feature request and it has now become a place where people are reporting issues. Neither belongs here. If Smart Life does not work, feel free to open an issue. It works for many others.