Revogi Smart Power Strip

Well then here goes the wish of having it integrated with HA. Guess I have to live with my SOW020 UK Plug, which otherwise is a very decent piece of hardware, with individual energy monitoring on each socket and a function to check internet connectivity every X min to reboot a device/socket in case of hung up connection.

Thanks.

I’ve seen this coming. Everytime I start my MaxSmart android application, it begs me for a firmware upgrades. I’ve always refused !

These guys are stupid … Can’t believe they close and remove APIs. The worlds will belong to open APIs.

1 Like

Hi Superkikim
Thank you for your great work! I have 2 “old” but updated MaxSmart 6 Strips and running! When I have started my hass.io initiative one week ago because of the heatings one of my first side topics became to get rid of the :face_vomiting:app. Dr. Google brought me to your blog and to this topic and i have successfully tested the webcomands.

Today with a bit of help I was able to get your git hub script running on my hass.io 0.103.4 with this steps, which I add here in case somebody else is trying to do the same:

1. I have moved and renamed the github script named maxsmart.py to
    [config folder ]\custom_components\maxsmart\switch.py

2. I had to crate an an nearly empty
    [config folder ]\custom_components\maxsmart\ _ init _.py
    with only docstring introducing (cf)

3. I have adapted and inserted the strip-configuration to configuration.yaml

Now my installation is able to switch the plugs and I got the information for the consumption eventhough the name is still not transferred correctly! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

So this one is solved, with 2 tasks for an other night :wink:
1: Outlet: EG 2: ‘Smart TV’ => becomes EG#2 for the friendly name.
2: Entities are not shown in the entity list?!

1 Like

So based on the follow up updated posts, any definitive way to maybe integrate Revogi SmartStrip UK Plug version SOW020.

Thanks.

Sorry but I don’t think there is any way to integrate it.
But if Revogi publishes an API for their web services, then you could create an integration for that.

1 Like

Are you able to make an HomeKit module? Working with homebridge?

Why bother with homebridge?
Home Assistant has a HomeKit integration builtin. Just configure which entities you want to publish to HomeKit and you’re done :slight_smile:

HomeKit exposing on home assistant is for free or pay solution?

of course free :slight_smile:

Thank you. Anyway home assistant for me is too complicated to set and to program. I tried it 1 year ago and it was a drama.

I’ve got the Revogi SOW512 WiFi plug, but I am afraid there is no chance to connect it HA. The only open port is 8000 and there is nothing running on it.

I’ve got it for free and it works with their cloud and with the native app, but for easy integration I will probably have to look elsewhere.

PORT     STATE SERVICE
8000/tcp open  http-alt

Just posting here in case in the future someone will come up with something.

I have no idea if this might be of help, but worth checking:

I’m back on Home Assistant. I just installed HassOS 8.4 on a PI 4b. Works like a charm and successfully detected most of my hardware. Still have to integrated FLIC and Revogi.

I’ll definitely work again on revogi/maxsmart integration.

I sent a new email to maxsmart to complain and ask for API. They said they stopped branding and selling Revogi product because revogi does not share APIs even with them ! This is stupid behavior and I hope Revogi will close business at some point for such stupidity ! It’s the era of openess and APIs…

Anyway. I’ll post here any progress I made. I’m not ready to give up on this ^^

But keep in mind I have maxsmart from Max Hauri which are Revogi based in Switzerland. And I have firwmware v1.30. I never updated as I understood API would change.

This is a unencrypted API making http calls.

Hi @thejacko12354,

thanks for your efforts in working out this custom component. I’ve got some trouble to get it running with latest hassio 2023.2.5. In the maxsmart branch I read something about touble with missin inti.py. I never wrote a custom component by myself.

Before reinventing the wheel here: Are you still using this power strip / your script? Is it still working on your end?

May I misconfigured smt as well in the configuration.yaml. The config checked simple does not find a “revogi integration”.

Hi Lukas,
Yes I‘m still using the strip but I can’t remember if I really changed anything. Currently I‘m using 2023.2.2 and have no issues.

If you want I can upload my complete custom_components folder.

@thejacko12354

I’m playing around with HA and have 2 or 3 Maxsmart PS. Could you guide me how to integrate those in HA? Would be nice if I could switch again the connectors and read the power metering data. Awesome if the PowerLan could be yoused as well.

Regards Roger

Hello,

Touching the subject again after a while due to something I noticed recently.

I have SOW020 UK plug type. I recently noticed in the android mobile app there is an option for local control (which doesnt need a cloud signin). Although I did setup first by signing up and adding my power strip to cloud account.

Now I can use local control and all the functions and power usage reading working just fine over LAN, i didnt do any firmware upgrade for the power strip until now, niether was there any pop up in the app to do so.

So the question is, since the local control is available, can we use it to make it workable within HA. I am not an expert , however I guess it would involve finding out the local URL and API calls the mobile app would be making. Any way we can harvest this to have it discovered and appear in HA.

Attaching some screenshots to show the local control options.

Thanks for your replies.

I am not an expert, however I can try to provide further info with technical guidance if needed to explore the possibilities.

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 6.57.28 PM

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 6.55.02 PM
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 6.55.02 PM
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 6.55.03 PM
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 6.55.03 PM (1)
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 6.55.03 PM (2)

If you are still looking after this, please join this thread: Custom Component: Maxsmart (Revogi)