RF transmitter/receiver 24 Mhz?

Hi all - i’ve had HA for years but never really used it too much as i was an old school SmartThings/WebCore user - but now im going crazy finding the benefits of HA and custom smart devices etc etc :slight_smile: love it!

Anyways, on to the hardware question. I have a cool remote controlled light. It has some small remote with it and i was thinking about trying to control the light via HA. I was thinking a ESPHome compatible RF receiver/transmitter. BUT - when i opened up the remote I see that it is marked as 24 Mhz?? is that even a thing? From what I see 433 Mhz seems to be the norm.

Anyone want to sanity check me here with the photo? Any idea if there is any ESPHome compatible RF sender/receiver that may work with this band? Or is this just crappy tech and I need to go further and attempt opening up the receiver in the light and see what is going on there / or control it from there…

Thanks for the help and ideas!

It would be more helpful if you could post the make / model.

Crystals are often used as a resonator and then multiplied up to the actual frequency. It is most likely 433.92mhz, but we’d need to check the spec / fcc id to confirm.

1 Like

appreciate it - there are no markings that i can see at all regarding FCC id :confused: thing came straight from china. pic from the first post is the only chip in the remote. other markings include:

MXS
JYMC-PUB-13K-Y
ZTY-615

without spending too much - you think i should just get some sort of chip to see if it can read the RF from the remote? who knows maybe ill find a use for it either way…

based on the crystal, it’s probably 433.92. Pretty straightforward to pop together an ESP with one of these

1 Like

thanks so much! ill let you know! :slight_smile:

i forgot - with some of the wireless work i do i have a 2.4/5 ghz spectrum analyzer. rigged it up and the remote is def 2.4 Ghz :slight_smile: guess that answers that… now to dig in to see if anyone has done decoding of 2.4ghz remotes.

It’s probably NRFL then:

Hi Stephen, did you eventually work this out?
I have one of these https://sg.world.taobao.com/item/577399303786.htm. Which when opened looks very similar to your remote.

yes i did! ended up being BLE. I used ESPHome in my HA setup. The github repo for the component is GitHub - aronsky/esphome-components: Custom components for ESPHome and specifically the lampsmart pro. its got some simple instructions in the repo. but anyways i loaded ESPHome with the following config on an ESP32:

substitutions:
  devicename: esp32-lampsmart-pro
  friendly_name: Lampsmart Pro

esphome:
  name: $devicename
  name_add_mac_suffix: false
  friendly_name: $friendly_name

esp32:
  board: esp32dev

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:

wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_password

#LampSmart Pro
external_components:
  # shorthand
  source: github://aronsky/esphome-components

sensor:
  - platform: uptime
    name: Uptime Sensor
  - platform: wifi_signal
    name: WiFi Signal
    update_interval: 60s

binary_sensor:
  - platform: status
    name: Status

#LampSmart Pro
light:
  - platform: lampsmart_pro_light
    name: Turtable Light
    duration: 1000
    default_transition_length: 0s
    restore_mode: ALWAYS_OFF
    min_brightness: 0x07
1 Like

I think that’s just the crystal for the IC.