RFLink cover

Hi,

I haven’t found a way to have RFLink covers. I was wondering if there was any workaround or if it’s planned to be implemented.
I have Somfy blinds and the stop button of the cover component would only have to send “STOP” instead of “ON/OFF”.
Data sent for a switch is “10;rts;xxxxxx;x;off;”.

Thanks in advance

**[old]**Would be great if we could control somfy blinds / garage doors with RFlink.
Big plus for this feature [/old]

just asked a colleague who has build the original ikea trådfri python module to have look at it.
To be continued…

Any news here? im going to try to control my RTS blinds myself.

Yes actually, I made a custom component (rflink2) that includes the cover component. I basically did a copy/paste from the original rflink and added the cover component based on another one.
I don’t know much about HA coding so it might not be good, but it’s working for me.
You only have to download the archive and extract it in your HA configuration folder. You’ll then be able to add cover components this way :

`cover:

• platform: rflink2
    device_defaults:
    fire_event: true
    signal_repetitions: 1
    devices:
    rts_1A1B1C_1:
    name: Cover`

To enable the plugin :
> rflink2:
> host: IP
> port: PORT

You must stop using the former rflink plugin or they will “fight” trying to get the connection to the rflink by disconnecting each other.

I think this it, if it’s not working for you, come back to me.

Here is the archive : https://ufile.io/3eic8

@aequitas

Could you please look into this and implement rflink cover ?

If you could use the homeassistant github to contribute a pullrequest with the changes code and add tests I can have a look. But I don’t have a lot of spare time to spend a lot at HA stuff atm, sorry.

What do you mean by host: IP and port: PORT
It’s al based on rf right ?
Or are you using some sort of hub ?

It’s mostly a copy of the original rflink component. For it to work you need to stop using rflink and use mine instead (rflink2).
You only have to replace rflink by rflink2 in your configuration.yaml and download the component to your custom_components folder.

Looking at the code. it looks quite easy to make a pull request.
Would you able to do that so it can be merged to HA?

Gogogo :slight_smile:

How is this coming along @sylvaindd ? :slight_smile:

hi,
Is it possible to explain this again and share youre software?
I have also 2 rflink devices but all my attempts din’t work.
Hope you can help.

regards Herman

This is what I did recently: Somfy sunscreen automated and Alexa control