RFlink problems

I’m trying to replace my old tellstick v1 with a RFlink to keep everything just in HASS and I’ve run into some problems.
I followed the instructions and got it connected to hass, then to enable autodiscovery I read the instructions about adding this to the config.

light:
  - platform: rflink
    automatic_add: true
switch:
sensor:

Since I’ve split up my config to different subfolders using the include_merge_dir function I made a new file in each directory called rflink.yaml where I added each part instead. Problem is when I tried to add the part for the switches ie. this I get a error saying that the configuration is wrong and automatic_add isn’t a viable option

# Example configuration.yaml entry
switch:
  platform: rflink
  device_defaults:
    fire_event: true
    signal_repetitions: 2
  devices:
    newkaku_0000c6c2_1:
      name: Ceiling fan
    conrad_00785c_0a:
      name: Motion sensor kitchen

And the error I keep getting is
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [switch.rflink]: [automatic_add] is an invalid option for [switch.rflink]. Check: switch.rflink->automatic_add. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/switch.rflink/

Should I make a new file in the switches folder with each of the switches with friendly names as the example above or does anyone have a suggestion?

PS. If anyone have a idea how to identify each of the strangely named switches, lights etc. that RF link shows would be great!

Automatic_add is not a valid option for switch. All switches get detected as lights.

1 Like

Ok, so the suggestion to add devices automatically here (https://home-assistant.io/components/rflink/) is a typo since it adds the option below switch?

Yes I think the docs need updating as I had the same issue so checked the switch docs rflink switch

2 Likes

So… got the devices coming into HASS but got some problems with a sensor instead. this is what I get straight from the link:
So i added the following to my rflink sensors part

devices:
    sensor.fineoffset_0087_temp:
      sensor_type: temperature
      unit_of_measurement: "°C"
      name: "Temperature Outside"
    sensor.fineoffset_0087_hum:
      sensor_type: humidity
      unit_of_measurement: "%rH"
      name: "Humidity Outside"

But my new sensors with the friendly names never gets any values?
Shouldn’t the “old” sensors (fineoffset etc) disappear from the states page as the switches have done after renaming them in the same way?

omitt the sensor prefix, this should work:

sensor:
    devices:
      fineoffset_0087_temp:
        sensor_type: temperature
        unit_of_measurement: "°C"
        name: "Temperature Outside"
      fineoffset_0087_hum:
        sensor_type: humidity
        unit_of_measurement: "%rH"
        name: "Humidity Outside"
1 Like

Turn off automatic_add: (i.e. to false) on all areas, and also try using sensor rather than binary_sensor. I just realised I was trying to use the device in the wrong section. I moved my device_id from sensor to binary_sensor and it’s sticking!