RFXcom problems

Hi,
I have problems with my RFXcom, it will not connect anymore to HA.

In the Integration I use the device name and not the port
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-RFXCOM_RFXtrx433_A11FLXWX-if00-port0
Same as in HA hardware list:
But the RFXtrx won’t connect!

I have also connected the RFXcom to RFXmngr SW to verify it and it seems to work correct.

Have the latest firmware, RFXtrx433E_Ext version 1028

Could anybody help me?

So did something change?
Are you able to connect with RFXMgr to the rfx whilst connected to your HA machine (e.g. via ser2net) …that would then rule out issues with USB a.o.

I’m not able to run RFXmngr on my HA computer.
RFXmngr SW is only working on a Windows computer.

Well I have run out of ideas.
That’s why I need help

I understand the windows part but you can run rfxmgr from your windows and connect to the rfxtrx on HA, I use ser2net to accomplish this, which then allows me to set/test the rfxcom without disconnecting it from the HA. This way I also know that it is OK setup on my HA machine and the usb port work too

And still: did anything change ? as you stated ‘anymore’ …so it did work before

It might be caused by a permission issue, make sure that the user under which homeassistant runs is part of the dialout group. I have my rfxcom defined as follow in udev rules:

SUBSYSTEM=="tty", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0403", ATTRS{product}=="RFXtrx433XL", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6015", SYMLINK+="ttyUSB102", GROUP="dialout", MODE="0666"

So I can then safely use dev ttyUSB102, the MODE parameter sets access for everybody to read and write.

I run HAOS.
Is it still possible to set the dialout groups?

Okay, maybe your are right.
Is ser2net working on HAOS ?
Is it an addon?

Pfew…there goes my knowledge as I am running Ubuntu + Docker… you probably have to ssh into HAOS and see if it is installed, HAOS could run it, just not sure if it is part of the package neither would I know how to install it.

Maybe there is another way to check if your USB is up and running?

As per @pensionado this is all guesswork as is mine…I still haven’t heard if you changed something, upgrade? That is possibly easier to fix then guessing around

Hi I am running HA native on Raspberry with RFXcom hardware.

when you go to settings > system > hardware. Select the 3 dots menu and choose ‘All hardware’ scroll down to the USB devices
What do you see here ?

in my case :

I attached the same picture from my “All hardware”, see my original post.

To start with I had the RFXtrx working from HA. But then I tried to move the RFXtrx control to Node-RED. But didn’t get it to work properly. Then I decided to move the RFXtrx control back to HA.
And that’s were we are right now, trying to get it to work in HA again.
I think that I have remove everything from Node-RED.

Well… that may be the issue…node red is probably still connected to your Rfxtrx?
…it can only handle one connection

Yes, I know.
I remove all nodes that control the RFXtrx.
Is that something more to delete?

Just thinking with you as I cannot see what you see or not see…can you verify that nodered is 100% disconnected?
Maybe restart HA after…
all my ‘addons’ are managed as separate docker containers so for me it is easy to bring then ‘down’ one after the other until it works.

Yes, it can be hard to understand what’s happening from remote

I tried to restart the system with Node-RED turned of.
No different, still the same problem that RFXtrx wan’t connect

From one idea to the other, did you remove/reïnstall rfxtrx on HA, i.e. the fact that it shows does not mean it really connects

And did you try to raise the rfxtrx log level to debug to get more info?

How can I do that ?
I don’t have anything in the configuration.yaml anymore, only in the Intergration

With me it is the three dots and then ‘delete’ , then I would do a restart
My day is coming to an end so will stop replying
My personal direction would be to try and be absolutely sure that nodered is out of the picture. …e.g. when I try to connect rfxmgr via ser2net it also kills the HA connection. Can you e.g. remove the rfxtrx and verify nodered logs to see if it has issues?

have you tried to disable NodeRed inegration and reboot HA ?
Than you know if the serial port is still in use by NodeRed or not