Rgb bulb icon color

Not sure if I’m missing something simple here, but I’m wondering how I can make a lights icon change color based on the color of an rgb light. If the light is red, the icon is red, if it’s blue, it’s blue, etc.

This is already standard behaviour :confused:

Not for my light it’s not, what am I doing wrong?

I have no idea, but it’s always been like that in homeassistant, even in the old states ui.

What is “your light” though. What brand/integration is it? How are you using it in the front end - as an Entity, Entity Button, Glance etc.

If you don’t provide all the information, we can not assist you.

Well it doesn’t behave that way for me either, but let’s deal with the OP’s issue first

It’s a novostella rgb floodlight in the smart life app using the tuya integration. I’m using it on the front end as a normal light card, I also tried just an entity card and that didn’t work either. It looks like there might be an issue with tuya and some rgb lights right now so I’ll either wait until that gets resolved or flash it with tasmota/esphome

Just to add… my lightify color bulbs also do not reflect the color unless the color change is made from HA. I turned them red in HA a month ago and they will stay red unless I change the color in HA again (vs changing in the lightify app) which I have to do because I could never get the standard “relax” preset to work from HA…