Rheem Water Softener

I just installed a Rheem softener this past weekend and setup this integration and it seems to be working pretty well so far, so thanks!

I only have one issue - it has been reporting a regen every day for the “Last Regeneration” entity, though I’m pretty sure it’s not regenerating every night (salt doesn’t look like it is…). Anyone else notice this? For reference I have the unit set to regen at 2:00AM.

For me integration correctly reporting last regeneration. Did you looking for entity value or maybe entity last update timestamp?
Screenshot from 2022-09-30 09-00-21

“7 godzin temu” means that entity updated 7 hours ago, and “28 września 2022 00:00” is timestamp of last regeneration. If softener regerated by night also available water is changed to new value.

Thank you for uploading the blank images. It worked out great , except the png’s not loading in but I will tackle that problem another day.

Had been looking to integrate my Morton Water Softener for a while now !
Much appreciated !

1 Like

For anyone that struggled to figure out how to get the water level and salt level images to show, and also to shorten the days till empty string, you’ll need to create new sensor entities in your configuration.yaml. Search for template guides for home assistant to help you get started. This is what I have for an example:

###### Water Softener custom sensors #################################
- platform: template
  sensors:
    water_softener_water_level_image:
      friendly_name: Water available before regeneration is needed image
      value_template: >-
        {% set water_level = states("sensor.available_water") | int %}
        {% if water_level > 1000 %}
          image_100
        {% elif water_level > 600 %}
          image_75
        {% elif water_level > 400 %}
          image_50
        {% elif water_level > 200 %}
          image_25
        {% elif water_level == 0 %}
          image_0
        {%- endif %}

sensors:
    water_softener_salt_level_image:
      friendly_name: Salt level image
        {% set salt_level = states("sensor.salt_level") | int %}
        {% if salt_level > 0 and salt_level <= 25 %}
          image_25
        {% elif salt_level > 25 and salt_level <= 50 %}
          image_50
        {% elif salt_level > 50 and salt_level <= 75 %}
          image_75
        {% elif salt_level > 75 and salt_level <= 100 %}
          image_100
        {% else %}
          image_0
        {%- endif %}

sensors:
    water_softener_out_of_salt_date:
      friendly_name: Estimated date until salt is empty
        {{ as_timestamp(states("sensor.out_of_salt_estimated_day")) | timestamp_custom('%b %m, %Y') }}

I don’t know the best way to show the available water, so I just put some placeholder values.

I am new to HA and am looking to add this but I am unsure of how to copy the folder to config folder. Could you assist?

1 Like

Have you had luck with the shut-off valve? Want to install one on my softener.

HASS energy dashboard now accepts water usage too. Using this rheem softener integration helps to track water…

- sensor:
        - name: "Water Usage Daily"
          unique_id: water_usage_daily
          unit_of_measurement: gal
          device_class: water
          state_class: total_increasing
          state: >-
            {{states('sensor.water_softener_today_water_usage') |float}} 

What is above you “- sensor”? I am trying to get this added but getting some config errors because I dont know where sensor should go under:

configuration is not valid: Invalid config for [sensor]: required key not provided @ data['platform']. Got None. (See ?, line ?).

template:

See…
https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/template/

1 Like

Hmm I tried adding a new template/sensor using the code you provided above @alexbeatle and it’s showing up properly in entities list, but when I click “add water source” in the energy dashboard I still get the “no matching statistics” error.
Is there any documentation available on how to set it up properly? That is what requirements must a entity meet to be allowed to be used as water usage?

Can you post your logs?

Do you see this in the State attributes in your Development Tools?

Check your Statistics for “no issues”

Assuming it’s been running for for some time to collect the stats

Also, check your system General settings. If you want to use gal, you need to make sure your units are set to US customary

Thanks @alexbeatle - the Statistics page did show an error. I was playing around trying to figure out how to configure usage as cubic meters and it caused an issue with HA unable to aggregate historic data properly. I was able to clear history from that page and when I did that it started showing up in the energy dashboard.
So in the end for this to work for me using metric units I had to do

template:
    - sensor:
        - name: "Water Usage Daily"
          unique_id: water_usage_daily
          unit_of_measurement: "L"
          device_class: water
          state_class: total_increasing
          state: >-
            {{states('sensor.today_water_usage') |float}} 

(since my Aquahome Smart 20 is reporting data in litres). Then in the entity config and then I changed litres to cubic meters so that the energy dashboard is happy.

1 Like

@aziuk @alexbeatle there is an updated code in the repository that works with the energy dashboard.

1 Like

Got this integrated last night and so far is working great. Love how I can now see how many gallons are left before regeneration. Now to see if the on/off valve can be added. How would I go about learning and testing that?

My softener doesn’t have a valve so I can’t add/test it.

This is great! I just installed my Rheem water softener about a week ago before coming across this integration. Setup was a breeze and the card was just easy.

My only issue so far is keeping the water softener connected. I know it has nothing to do with your integration, but was curious if anyone has any tips on how to strengthen the connection?

hi,

I have copied the code to the custom_components folder, restarted HA, I see the iQua softener on the add integrations list, I click add and all I get is

“Please wait starting the configuration creator” and a spinning wheel.
Tried via http https and companion app on android.
Nothing in the HA logs about it.

Running Home Assistant 2022.11.2

Any ideas what to fix?

Looks like this is now broken? Seems like the iqua android app switched to a new API provider and is broken as well.

https://dashboard.marmonim.com

I reset my password and was given this url to go to but have no idea how to use it. Hopefully it gets fixed or my smart soft water system is now completely dumb.

The iQua android app has been broken for several days now. I wouldn’t expect this DIY 3rd party integration to work if Rheem can’t be bothered to make sure their own app is working.

I fixed it by registering a new account and re-pairing the device. Something screwy is going on but at least its working again for now. Maybe they are migrating to a new provider. Sigh.

1 Like