Rheem Water Softener

So if I just create a new account and move the softener to the new account at least the app will work again?
P.S. My assumption is that they are going to update the app, and figure out a way to lock out the API (or at least they are trying to). I am sure that’s why they are waiting so long since they clearly have API limits in place already.

Yes, but if you use app for ~5 minutes in 6h your account will be locked…

Come one. Seriously? I’m super tempted to try that just to complain about it.

What i’m annoyed about is i paid so much money to have the electronic shutoff valvethat integrates with it and can only control with the app and now going on how many weeks without having any ability to do an emergency shutoff. Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure out the direct control without going through their api service.

I pointed out to support that they have a legal liability problem at this point by locking people out of the app. (In my case when they are aware I have shut off the HA integration completely). They didn’t seem to care.

Finally got back in the app, they said all accounts are now unlocked.

1 Like

same. Do we know what the actual API limit is now? I am keeping it off until I have a better idea what is going on, and how to use it without getting banned…
EDIT: They responded back, it is 250 in 6 hours. Which we know could easily happen in a few minutes with the app. Seems very odd to me.
I would love to hear the thoughts of others.

My account has been unlocked too! :tada:

@arturzx, is it possible to setup manual pull refresh option?

I can do without the water flow monitoring for now. Just want to bring the data back to my HASS dashboard and press a button to update whenever I need to.
I’ll submit the GitHub request.

I don’t think so this is needed for now. From feedback above it is clear that limit is 250 req/6 hours (@washere reported that is response from support?). For now integration has set interval to call every 5 minutes - this is 72 req/6 hours, 3.5 times below API limit. For me this working fine for long time.

Ok. Re-enabling my integration with 5mins refresh interval. :crossed_fingers:

You are right. I was doing my math wrong. (Doh)… I will turn it back on, and we will see what happens. It is set to 5 mins.

Well, in my case, having it to 5 minutes I still get banned for 6h once a day aprox:

Edit: I wonder if a more stable API could be done with the dashboard.marmonim.com resource. In my case, even when banned I can still access that dashboard with the same credentials

Interesting… If it’s not a secret, where did you get this information about this site? Looks like API to Amazon IoT service where softeners connecting via Amazon modified MQTT protocol.

Isn’t this the site they made you to in order to reset your password? I was logged in at one point.
I am set to 5 mins, and it has been pretty solid, but it just went offline a few mins ago. (error 429, so yep, its too many requests…). I did open the app earlier today. I suspect that’s the problem. I am going to force kill the app and see if that helps any. Hopefully we can get the valve control into HA, and then I don’t need the app anymore at that point, and I guess occasionally if I have to open the app, that’s okay.

Yeah that’s how I found it. It’s where they shunt you to change your password.

Account blocked again :frowning:

Mine was blocked a couple days ago again, disabled integration and the app was working the next day, switched to 15min update time yesterday and re-enabled, been going now for about 24 hours without being blocked.

I went from 5-10, and things got better, but it failed again yesterday for a bit. I am going to switch it to 15 and see if that solves it for me too. Obviously somehow 36 (10 mins in 6 hours) is somehow equal to more than 250? Who knows why. The strange thing is that it doesn’t do it consistently. It will go for days without issue, then have a problem for a few hours?

Hi,
I have a Viessmann and for the past three days, my account has been getting blocked every day. So, I wrote to the support with this and this is the response I received:

"…(iQua)
Mar 23, 2023, 4:27 PM CDT

Hi

Our systems and platform are not compatible for that. It is in fact a big issue, and all accounts doing as such are permanently blocked from being used.
the Iqua platform standing alone is the only format.

Please direct any further questions to the Poland and Euro teams. Please stay safe over there.
All the best,

USA Iqua support…"

I had it stop working about 8 hour over night, but then working again this morning. So even every 15min is triggering it randomly.