Ring Alarm / home security system

+1 Any development in progress?

Hopefully some programmer will be able to figure how to do this. It would be great to be able to run automations based on triggers from the alarm (such as utilizing the motion detector, door/window openings, etc.). But it would also be beneficial to be able to arm and disarm the Ring from within HA.

Also very interested in this. Be great to have such an inexpensive monitored system integrated with Home Assistant. Not sure if helpful, but looks like someone has done it with Javascript: https://github.com/davglass/doorbot/issues/26

Looks promising.

I saw this on github:

Perhaps those who are technically gifted can learn how to integrate this into HA.
I’m not sure if the Webhooks HA now has is the same as Websockets.
I think there will be strong demand for this.

Adding a few more GitHub Repos in case someone savvy comes across this:

https://github.com/homespun/ring-alarm

1 Like

I saw online that Amazon announced they will be adding an integration service with the RING security system so that when you tell Alexa you are leaving, each Echo device will become a monitor for glass breaks and will listen for any fire alarms or CO alarms. It will send you a message to your phone if anything triggers. But if you have RING security and monitoring, supposedly it will automatically trigger the alarm / call the cops vs firemen.
Not sure if HA will be able to recognize the alarm once Alexa is able to.
But it still would be good to get full features of the Alarm available in HA.

1 Like

Hoping someone can take a crack at this. I have this alarm system and it’s a great value and really easy to install. There’s a HomeBridge plugin for it that works extremely well. It exposes all the states of the alarm as well as all the sensors, and any z-wave locks you’ve paired to the Ring base station. I’d love to have all that in Home Assistant as well.

Here’s a link to the HomeBridge plugin. Hopefully someone can use it as a jumping off point.

I too have been patiently waiting…I love my alarm. I did just find the below script and was able to to get a json response of all my devices (sensors). I am going to try and mess with this but i dont really know this all that well…but would love to learn. Ill post if i do happen to figure something out.

Also, all credit goes to this link…I just found it on a google search, played with it and got it working.

https://github.com/homespun/ring-alarm/blob/master/README.md

```
const ring = RingAPI({
  email: '[email protected]'
  password: 'secret'
});

// get list of stations associated with the account
ring.stations((err, stations) => {
  if (err) ...;

stations.forEach((station) => {
    // get devices associated with each station
    ring.getAlarmDevices(station, (err, station, message) => {
      if (err) ...;

message.body.forEach((device) => {
      // get properties associated with each device

});
    });

// register for DataUpdate messages
    ring.setAlarmCallback(station, 'DataUpdate', (err, station, message) => {
      if (err) ...;

});

// set alarm mode
    //   panelId: `zid` property of security-panel device
    //   mode: 'all', 'some', 'none'
    //   bypassSensorIs: an array of `zid` properties of sensor.* devices
    ring.setAlarmMode(station, panelId, mode, bypassSensorIds, (err, station, message) => {
      if (err) ...;

});

// done getting information about station
    ring.closeAlarmCollection(station);
  });
});
```
1 Like

This would be amazing if someone could get this to work. I’m tired of finding reliable door and motion sensors and would rather much use Ring’s sensors if they are reliable enough.

1 Like

I’m very interested to have this integration too.

Looks like someone was able to integrate this using MQTT. Only just set it up myself but seems to be working well.

Great news, now just need to wait for Hassio support.

1 Like

Anyone have any luck with Hassio yet?

check out this thread:

Yes I have, even the developer states in that thread he is not sure how to make it work with Hassio

I would love to use the keypad and the panic button for example without their hub, as all products are Z-Wave compatible.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2668

1 Like

plus any zwave contact sensors work with the ring alarm

How do you set Ring devices in the mode where they can be added to HA? Usually after your Z-wave controller is set to include devices, you have to do something on the actual Z-Wave device. Anyone tried it?

I also would very much like to see this.

In the meantime, I’m working around using the Ring Alarm sensors by using Ring’s Alexa skill, which lets Alexa routines be set up responding to those sensors, and then setting up routines to toggle input_booleans in HA when the Ring sensors trigger.