Ring Alarm - MQTT Discovery Alarm integration

Yes, I am using the actual IP just added XX for privacy. How do I know if I have 127.0.0.1?

& yes im using the actual mosquito broker and not the web client add-on.

I went into my logs for the ring add-on and its showing all my sensors. But how do i get them to show in the dashboard or even in the states tab?

This is the code that it shows for each sensor:

availability_topic: ‘ring/9qh12m-590qo-0/status’,
payload_available: ‘online’,
payload_not_available: ‘offline’,
state_topic:
‘ring/9qh12m-590qo-0/alarm/binary_sensor/37d04ef8-5079-4322-aa55-a8b4af49a96a/state’,
json_attributes_topic:
‘ring/9qh12m-590qo-0/alarm/binary_sensor/37d04ef8-5079-4322-aa55-a8b4af49a96a/attributes’,
device_class: ‘door’ }
2019-08-23T18:21:07.314Z ring-alarm-mqtt HASS config topic: homeassistant/binary_sensor/9qh12m-590qo-0/fc03d74e-ecda-4031-9684-2d039f1b1593/config
2019-08-23T18:21:07.315Z ring-alarm-mqtt { name: ‘Dining Front Window’,
unique_id: ‘fc03d74e-ecda-4031-9684-2d039f1b1593’,

not sure what to tell you. I just rebooted my pi and ring is not working but it does show in states and on the dashboard. When I restart then the sensor show their states instead of empty circles on the dashboard.

127.0.0.1 is valid. Have you enabled the 2 factor auth in ring.com? I think that will not work

I think I would format my sd card and start a fresh install

I am about to give up trying to get Hassio to see my Ring alarm system. I’m running Hassio on a RPi and have an MQTT Mosquitto broker running on a separate RPi. I’ve tested the MQTT Broker and it is working just fine. On my Hassio I’ve installed the add-on found at https://github.com/rs1932/ring-alarm-hassio-addon. For configuration of the add-on I’ve included the correct MQTT username/password and the same for my Ring account. For the host I’ve tried the IP of the RPi running Hassio (192.186.XX.XXX), “localhost” and 127.0.0.1, all without any success. I am at a complete loss as to why I’m not seeing any of the sensors for my alarm system.

Any suggestions/guidance would be very appreciated.

SOLVED: In the ring alarm add-on config I needed to set the “host” to the IP of the MQTT RPi not the RPI running hassio. Did that and works just fine so far.

localhost and 127.0.0.1 only work for the local machine
the 192 would be the way, but I have no clue if this docker stuff prevents it from working from an external source
why can’t you put the broker on the same PI?

I tried using the Mosquitto MQTT broker addon but that created its own host of issues (lots of posts out there about issues with the MQTT addon). Figured a stand-alone broker couldn’t hurt.

you should read through this one

Is there anyway for home assistant to see that the alarm is in entry delay or has been set off? I’d like to use TTS messages through Google Home and install a 3rd party siren to go off during these events, but the only status HA can see is disarmed, armed home, and armed away

Thanks to this addon and all the helpful people here, I got this working. Next step for me is getting the alarm control panel and sensor states passed through to HomeKit.

I can‘t wrap my head around how this is to be done. I see the badges for the control panel and sensors. But now how to get them as items in HA and HomeKit?

@RibbettoToad I’ve never used homekit, so i cant help you there, but if you go to the states page of HA, you’ll see all the new entities from the alarm listed just like those badges that appeared.

Yeah, that’s where I’m seeing the badges from Ring Alarm just fine. I suspect I need to make these into sensors or alarm control panel devices to make them show in HomeKit. I know HomeKit can handle the control panel type since an Alexa alarm control panel is showing in HomeKit (from the Alexa Guard feature).

I’ve tried adding ‘input_sensor’ and ‘sensor’ with platform:ring to the yaml, but no luck.

For me, the entity is called " alarm_control_panel.ring_alarm". Then, for all of the alarm sensors, they’re named " binary_sensor.NAMEFROMRINGAPP"

Same for me

Then what’s the problem, buddy? You’re good to go

As I said, these Ring Alarm devices aren’t coming through to HomeKit. And these are devices with domains/types that HA already passes to my HomeKit, by evidence of the Alexa Guard alarm panel. So it seems only the MQTT devices aren’t coming to HomeKit, but all other applicable devices are.

I know nothing about homekit, but I have to “sync my devices” with google home when new entities get added to home assistant and I want to see them in google home

They appear the same for me. How do you add a code? You can just hit arm disarm now without the code

The way HomeKit works (from HA to iOS Home app) is Home Assistant is added as a device in the Home app. HA is then seen as a bridge in the Home app, and with it comes everything connected to HA, except entities explicitly filtered via the HA HomeKit configuration yaml. So no additional inclusion are necessary from the iOS side if things.

I’m not sure I’m clear on what you’re saying or asking. But about the arm/disarm code: in HA I can arm/disarm the Ring Alarm to home or away mode by clicking the badge and then selecting the mode, no passcode needed.

I can do the same with the Alexa Guard badge, in HA and also in the iOS home app…which is why is frustrating me so much that I can’t do that with the Ring Alarm in iOS as well.

I’m asking if there is a way to force a code to be put in. Instead of just clicking disarm,force the code to be entered first.

All of a sudden I’m getting ring/xxxxx/status offline, sensors all go “unavailable”, and the status online, sensors back to normal. Continually repeats every couple mins.

Been working solid for months. Thoughts?