Ring Doorbell Component Does Not Start / Startup Takes Forever

I just tried enabling the Ring component along with the sensor and binary_sensor, but am having issues getting up and running.

My configuration file has:
ring:
username: !secret ring_username
password: !secret ring_password

And then I added the “- platform: ring” lines to my sensor and binary sensor yaml files.

When I start Home Assistant, nothing happens for a long time and my log stays empty. Eventually if will show something like this, but startup will still stall and nothing will happen.
2018-03-18 13:52:22 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of ring is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-03-18 13:56:37 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of platform ring is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-03-18 13:57:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of platform ring is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.
2018-03-18 13:57:39 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Setup of platform ring is taking over 10 seconds.

I usually give up about 10 minutes in and just comment out the configuration.

I am running Home Assistant via Docker on a NUC with Ubuntu 16.04 Server LTS. If it matters, I am running the Docker container as privileged and with the host network option so there should not be any pass through issues, although I don’t think that’s a problem here.

Any ideas? I double checked my username/password as well.

Any responses to this one? I too have the same issue

Nothing. I have not tried to re-enable it in awhile.