Ring Doorbell (Wired model) : live viewing with HA?

Hi,

I plan to buy a Ring Doorbell Wired. The Integration doc says: “This component does NOT allow for live viewing of your Ring camera within Home Assistant.

But, a few lines after, it says : “Once you have enabled the Ring integration, you can start using the camera platform”.

Does this integration really not allow live viewing ?

Edit : I just found this thread ; that seems a little complicated though and not so reliable.

Ok, I answer to myself here in case other people have the same question. I found this mqtt-addon which seems to be fine to do the job.

But reading the documentation of the addon, I discovered that this doorbell doesn’t have local API : all process is through a Ring server. It is a blocking point for me so I am searching another doorbells allowing live viewing though a local API.

Cloud only is why I immediately dumped ring

Video doorbell is not only option and maybe keep ring if you want

Door bird is technically cloud only since you must setup through their cloud and they have weird back door admin thing

Amcrest and Duhua are amazing (camera only) but I use this for months with fake doorbell/without nightvision in 24/7 color mode and they can see in almost 0 light. These are amazing. I use frigate and get notified when person steps at door(10second delay to phone). With this I see porch pirates and friends coming for visit. Fake doorbell encourages them to step into specific place to press button but completely unneeded.

Duhua has wired and wifi doorbell that works direct with HA and connect with VOIP. Images are meh (2mp) but it’s great. I moving to this for doorbell and will still have seperate camera covering same space

Thank you for this feedback. I will check Amcrest and Dahua devices.

I have Dahua DHI-VTO2202
Got on eBay new for about $175