Ring Doorbell

Weird, mine just started doing this too

Ring doorbell
Ring floodlight
Separate users for each service (ring, wink, ha)
FFmpeg installed and working previously
But now in 0.64 I get the same error and ring images unavailable

Hey,

Like @chenchen119, I’m having an issue with Updating ring sensor/binary_sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval.

I’ve also noticed that my automations that trigger off of Ring motion typically don’t work. It’s very hit and miss, but mostly miss. I do receive notifications on my phone.

It’s been like this for a while. I’ve contacted Ring while this is happening, and they said they were not rate-limiting the device at that time.

Updating ring binary_sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05
10:20 AM helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)
Updating ring sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
Updating ring binary_sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05
10:19 AM helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)

This is a minute of log spam… it’s happening all the time. Restarting usually doesn’t seem to fix it.

Any ideas? I’d love to get my automations working more reliably and remove some spam from my session log.

I have the same problem. I removed ring for the moment until I can find a solution.

be good to find a solution to this… :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have skim read this thread but am not sure if its still possible to pull in live video streams / snapshots from my ring cameras? I have:

• Ring doorbell (original)
  • Ring Stickup Camera

I have the subscriptions (I know this was a requirement). If this is still possible,how would I go about setting this up?

Thanks

Snapshots no, nor live video, but you can download the last motion trigger via a script:

Thanks,

I got this setup for my ring doorbell - is it possible to do the same for my Ring Stickup camera?

From what I understood @tchellomello added support for that, I could be wrong tho.

@Simmo are you able to see your Ring Stickup Camera if you follow the steps provided at

https://github.com/tchellomello/python-ring-doorbell#listing-devices-linked-to-your-account ?

Thanks tchellomello,

Can this be installed on hassio?

Hi All I have the floodlight cam. Is there any way to control the siren and light yet? I have motion sensors in my house and would love to use this as an alarm siren.

Yes, you should be good doing it on hassio.

I think the library does not support it yet.

I’m considering to buy one to myself then I can play with that and add support to the device too.

mmello

Thanks,

Sorry to be a pain is there a step by step on how I do this?

The tchellomello/python-ring-doorbell supports it, and I am working on trying to get it to work in hassio. I will let you know if I have any luck. I am using python scripts to execute it and I have working scripts but am not able to launch my scripts from HA yet.

Is this component still being worked on?.. It’s a bit flaky on Hass.io, My logs are flooded with Binary sensor errors and the motion sensor only works when it feels like it :slight_smile:

@tchellomello - Any way to make the chime play a particular ringtone? I’d like to use it as a general purpose ha notifier

Hello @Shayne_Bergan, could you report what issues are you getting? Could you please create an issue on github?

Hello @JesseWebDotCom, I’m not aware of that was the chime must be in the cloud. I did not see any option to do this via the app, so I guess it’s not possible.

Done, Thanks