Ring Doorbell

Mello, I downgraded HA thought it would work. No go, might be something stupid that I am doing. I saw someone having the same error above but according to your later post seems like it’s fixed. Thanks for your help, feels like something simple, as it is not setting up the ring

1 Like

The error is fixed in the Python-Ring library and will be fixed in HA soon.

Ok thanks…

@ian611 @arsaboo PR https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/10566 posted which fixes the issue

if req.status_code == 200:
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘status_code’

Thanks, should I just replace the ring.py file in my custom components/camera folder and try it?

No…replace the one in custom_components.

Actually the fix will be included on the next major version.

So right now, for this weekend on the 0.58.

I did this Mello/Arasboo, here is the error.

2017-11-14 18:18:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Error while setting up platform ring Traceback (most recent call last): File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 165, in _async_setup_platform None, platform.setup_platform, self.hass, platform_config, AttributeError: module ‘custom_components.camera.ring’ has no attribute ‘setup_platform’

Looks like you have the incorrect file. Just place this ring.py file in custom_components.

Ok I did that thanks however no picture I triggered motion but nothing showed up.
Looks like it is still broken, now it is ffmpeg warning and errors.

2017-11-14 23:13:26 WARNING (MainThread) [haffmpeg.tools] Error starting FFmpeg.
2017-11-14 23:13:36 ERROR (MainThread) [haffmpeg.core] FFmpeg fails program arguments must be a bytes or text string, not bool
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/haffmpeg/core.py”, line 114, in open
stderr=stderr
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/subprocess.py”, line 212, in create_subprocess_exec
stderr=stderr, **kwds)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1070, in subprocess_exec
% type(arg).name)
TypeError: program arguments must be a bytes or text string, not bool

I am getting the same error. @tchellomello looks like the update introduced another bug.

Ok I’m also not getting video, and just thought I was crazy so I moved on for now.

I have ran into the same issue as before having FFMPEG lock up my HA. I have even moved it to a new box and run it in a docker but it locks up my server after an hour or two. Any ideas?

Hey guys, I just tried setting up the ring camera component. Ive had the ring in ha for a long time, just not this new feature. Id love to be able to store locally. It sounds like a recent update has broke this new feature in ha? Thanks!

Is it possible to adjust the Chime volume via service/automation?

Would like to turn the volume down at night.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I was getting this error too - I had let the Ring cloud service lapse. Once I renewed it, I started getting my last video capture on my HASS States screen.

Is this working for you now? I just renewed my account with ring and I no longer have any errors in my log and i can see the entity with camera.front_door. has a link but doesnt work. Thanks

Yes, @tchellomello just confirmed that Ring camera will only work with Cloud subscription.

1 Like

@arsaboo @Darbos @TeeSeePeeEyePea @DrJeff

As already mentioned by @arsaboo, Ring is requiring a valid subscription in order to access your video library.

The PR below makes sure the camera component will be only loaded if a subscription is found. This will avoid the errors with “empty video” and the ffmpeg errors listed above.

PR https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/10739

I have an active subscription and under entities I can take that url and pull the video up in a browser. It just says image not available on the front page. I’d like to get that to work and would like to be able to save all the videos somehow.