Ring: Error: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url

Whoops, I just started getting it as well about 10 minutes ago

I’m getting the same error too. It was working a few hours ago… Confirmed account does not have 2FA.
"Ring Setup

Error: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://api.ring.com/clients_api/session"

Yeah, I am getting the same error and my integration is not working.
I know that Ring recently had some security breaches and I believe they might have made some changes to the API.

Who’s the maintainer for the integration? They would need to look into this I believe.

Same error here. Noticed it after a restart this evening.

Yes same here. Worked before and error out after a restart.

I read about some issue Ring had where certain accounts were accessed by hackers. I bet they closed the loop on this and shut down this avenue. Sucks.

https://blog.ring.com/2019/12/12/rings-services-have-not-been-compromised-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

Same. I bet they locked down their API after the recent bad PR with account hacking.

Well, i used to get the same error. i went to ring.com and changed my password.
Seems that the problem went away.

I tried changing the password on the site and updated the config, still doesnt work for me. Anyone has any luck?

Same boat here. Seems like it coincided with the 0.103 release.

Wow they really are having a bad time. Website wouldnt let me reset the password, I had to contact support to get a reset link.

Changed the password and same issue :confused:

Had the same issue as described above - literally just started working for me…only thing I did was uncomment some Google token code and restarted Home Assistant…(probably unrelated)…

I also tried changing the password. No luck.

And another restart (more config changes not related to Ring) and it’s not working again.

Same issue here - started after a HA restart today for an unrelated config change. Tried everything - I deleted the .ring_cache.pickle file and changed ring password and it kind of worked for a few minutes, but then went bad again and I can’t get it going at all now.

Turns out, the solution in my case is to activate te subscription. My boss activated it and I reconfigured and it was ok. Much of a delay dough, about 5 seconds :unamused:

I have always had a plan (Basic Plan) and it always worked before today.

1 Like

Do you also get so much delay in the image?

UK user here, also getting the same issue

This started for me yesterday. It actually filled my log with garbage, hundreds of entries about this api error, before I restated.