Ring integration setup fails

Originally I had 2FA turned on, it wouldn’t work with the standard ring HA integration. Turned it off and it started working up until yesterday. I had to reboot the server and now it has stopped and I am getting the error as above. @benjimatt I am not familiar with the HomeBridge setup, but can that be integrated into HA as a workaround for this current issue?

Hi!

I have just joined the club, i.e., I am facing exactly the same problem. :frowning: First I thought the problem is related to some recent changes in my configuration.yaml, but it isn’t. Later I stumbled over this thread. For the record, “Two Factor Authentication” is disabled in my account settings, but the problem still persists. I am running 0.103.0.

Kind regards!

+1 to the not working for me either.

I contacted Ring Support earlier to be told that “Home Assistant isn’t something that we partner with” and as a result I needed to “Reach out to the people who develop home assistant” I told them that I need HA more than their Doorbells, and plenty of their “neighbors” are experiencing the same problem.

I have automation’s that integrate the motion sensors and notify me of the battery level. I appreciate the efforts of the extremely clever folks who write the Home Assistant integrations and if they can find a resolution.

Shunts…

1 Like

Well i got it back!

Screenshot_20191220-103135_Fully Kiosk Browser|243x500

1 Like

@Harry13 What did you do to get it back?

Boo, I’m also joining the club. Just upgraded Hass.io to 103.2. Hopefully a simple fix is on it’s way otherwise I’ll have to setup homebridge again.

What did you do to get it working again?

download the changes made 14e4bf841a
extract and save the ring_doorbell in your config or where ever you like the hassio share
use potainer
or cli if your better than me which is most likely
open exe console on homeassistant container
use the copy file with recursive switch
cp -r SOURCEFolder DESTfolder

DESTfolder will be
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages

link below to changes

I have it working now, followed the info here:
https://github.com/tchellomello/python-ring-doorbell/issues/142

Added as a custom component with the modified manifest.json file and all is well.

Now its all back running, sensors are fine and last stored clip also works.

I did the same though mine still has the ‘client error, forbidden…’

thanks mate.

This worked a treat. Downloaded a zip file that someone put together (link below), dropped the contents into my custom components folder, and restarted HA. All up and running again.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is the best way though I’ve managed to get it working by unzipping

https://github.com/xernaj/python-ring-doorbell/archive/fix/oauth-fail-due-to-blocked-user-agent.zip#ring_doorbell==0.2.4

& copying the contents of ring_doorbell to /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/ring_doorbell then removing the ring directory in custom_components & restarting HA

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone else has a similar problem, but whilst its all working I cannot get the “Check Config” to work. I have the Binary Sensor, Sensors and camera components configured from Ring, the cameras component on its own Check Config works fine. However once I add the sensor(s) then it never seems to be able to finish the check. I left it around 20 minutes got bored and restarted anyway.

Everything works fine, I just wondered if anyone else is getting the similar situation?

Do what @jaraeez and I did
Its simple
Forget the custom component

Seems to be working fine for me. Take about twice as long, but it finishes. I also have the following line pop up in my logs.

2019-12-20 14:00:45 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.util.package] Attempting install of https://github.com/xernaj/python-ring-doorbell/archive/fix/oauth-fail-due-to-blocked-user-agent.zip#ring_doorbell==0.2.4

I am using docker-compose
Is there a fix for me?

I’m a quick learner! but I don’t think I have the ability to do that, perhaps its beyond what I can do at the moment. I’ll keep looking to do that though, unless its clear how to do it, then it might be in the too hard box for me right now! :rofl:

I AM facing the issue aswell. When i have some time i can test the custom ring. Still hope HA Will fix it With next release.

Same here it was the current update that broke it so for the most part they will fix it quick.

I’ve been trying to find a way to connect to my raspberry pi running hassio to do this however event though I can make the connection through ssh I don’t seem to be able to get to the /srv path. Any suggestions anyone has?

2 Likes

Same here!