Ring Outdoor Siren - Trying to set burglar alarm lights and tone at the same time

Hi
Thank you.

That one makes it flash.

If I change the 100 to 1 it changes the brightness.

Thanks

Dagaz

No worries! :slight_smile:
Got it. I haven’t tried to get it to stay solid as I don’t use it at all, I always have it blinking with the siren on when the alarm is triggered. I also have it blink red when the alarm is armed and blink green when it’s disarmed.

1 Like

That’s cool.

Out of interest what was the code to blink green?
I can get solid green.

One thing I want to look at is changing the frequency of the flashing also. I belive that is possible.

Thanks

This is what I send:

{“args”:[{“nodeId”:x,“commandClass”:135},“set”,[[{“indicatorId”:80,“propertyId”:1,“value”:100},{“indicatorId”:80,“propertyId”:3,“value”:10},{“indicatorId”:80,“propertyId”:4,“value”:1},{“indicatorId”:80,“propertyId”:7,“value”:1}]]]}

interesting.
that code for me turns the green ring on for a second and then turns off again.
the first 80-1-100 is on, the last 80-7-1 i turn off after 1 second.
cant work out what 80-3-10 does.

do you send that code repeatdly to get the flashing?

lastly here is my documentation lol

Sets the duration of an on/off period in 1/10th seconds. Must be set together with “On/Off Cycle Count”

This what 80-3 does.

Ah. If I send all three commands it turns on for a second then just stays off.

Will have a play.

Thank you for the support.

reread and understand it all now.

i can get the green to be solid or flash. that was interesting i have to use property 7 as 0 to make solid again. otherwise it only flashes.

haven’t found a way to get the red led solid.
any tips gratefully received.

think goes like this:

Flashing
[indicatorId:80, propertyId:1, value:100]
[indicatorId:80, propertyId:3, value:10]
[indicatorId:80, propertyId:4, value:1]
[indicatorId:80, propertyId:7, value:100]

1 = led brightness
3 = 1/10 flashing
4 = on off cycle
7 = how many times to flash

I will give it a go on trying to get red to be solid on the weekend, I will let you know!

1 Like

@DagazArcane just had a look at this (had some time this morning) and I wasn’t able to get the red light to be solid. This might be (I think) due to the fact that is an alarm and a red blinking light would cause more visiblity than a solid red.

thank you. i believe it is possible as it is one of the features and troublshooting.
the trouble i have is findng out the indicatorid value for it without trying them all or breaking teh siren.

thanks for looking though

I don’t think you would break the siren with the indicators, it wouldn’t allow you to set something that isn’t permitted. Test away :slight_smile: