Roborock S50 (Root question & x/y position)

Hello,

I have a rooted Xiaomi Roborock S50 (the V2 of the vacuum cleaner)
My rooted firmware is 3.3.9_001414 and I can upgrade it to an official firmware : 3.3.9_001632
If I upgrade, I suppose I will loose the root. What will I loose more ? and what would I gain in functionalities ,bug correction…?

My other question is that I still don’t catch how can I get good x/y positions
I have valetudo map (with rrcc) / Floleva app to get my x/y position. If I do it with those apps, I can see the x/y aeras, but when I put those Exact x/y aera in HA, my roborock start the cleaning zone during 2 seconds and then says that it finished with incapacity to reach the zone.

My HA script is :

'1542468666695':
  alias:kitchen
  sequence:
    - service: vacuum.send_command
      data:
        entity_id: vacuum.roborock
        command: app_zoned_clean
        params: [[24539,30188,28639,34338,1]]

Do you know how I can fix it ? Thanks :slight_smile:

PS: I have read many posts in this forum, especially Howto: Xiaomi vacuum zoned cleaning with the @rohan / @dwarfer16 method to manually calculate the zone aera, but it didn’t work for me.

Hi bonilla

What happens if you try to zone clean a much smaller area like 25250,25250, 25750,25750? I mentoned that in my post, I used it to 1. find the ‘start point’ for the vacuum but also 2. to check that the zone cleaning is working for a small test area. If that fails then I’m guessing there is something else wrong.

Hi @dwarfer16, the small aera is not working correctly. I think I 'll have to update the whole map to see if it fixes it.

Regarding the update , could you tell me more ? Should I stay to my root custom firmware ? Or update it ?

Hmm, yeah the only thing can suggest is make sure he already has a map of the area in advance and that the zone is within the map already. My vacuum is in my living room, if I shut the living rooms doors he obviously only ‘knows’ about the living. If I then say ‘clean the kitchen’ the zone area appears on the map and I found that if the zone area isn’t touching the existing map, it will fail because he doesn’t know how to get to that zone. That probably isn’t the issue though if he isn’t even cleaning the small area. For comparison, here is one of my scripts (which looks the same as yours AFAIK):

vacuum_living_room:
  alias: "Vacuum living room"
  sequence:
    - service: vacuum.send_command
      data:
        entity_id: vacuum.bishop
        command: app_zoned_clean
        params: [[25250,23500,29750,27000, 1]]

What is with the random script name?

Regarding your root, I haven’t rooted mine I’m afraid mate so I can’t help with that. I have the gen1 (without the mop) and I managed to get this all working with rooting.

You mean this : ‘1542468666695’: ?
I was a random script name that HA gave me when I created with the GUI. I guess I can change it and rename it.

I am really hesitating to upgrade to see if it corrects the x/y position , but I am afraid to loose the root access.

1 Like

Ah I see. I always add my scripts directly in the scripts.yaml so I can call the scripts whatever I want. Never tried adding via the GUI but that should be fine then. My hunch would be that the upgrade won’t fix your xy issue as you would think that has been working for ages in the firmware. Do you get the option to do a zone cleanup in the Mi Home app? If so then I would think your vacuum supports it.

As another test, are you able to perform other vacuum tasks via HA like a general ‘Start vacuum’? Of that does work what actually happens when you try a zoned cleanup, does it say ‘Starting zoned cleanup’?

1 Like

@dwarfer16, I just upgraded my roborock to the last version (3.3.9_001632) and I launched a full cleanup.
Then I’ll do your tests and see if i fix that. Thanks anyway , the HA community is great :slight_smile:

No problem. I only set my room zone cleaning up about three weeks ago which is why it is still fresh in my head. Took me about a month to get it fully working so don’t worry!

Good luck and post back with any more questions.

Hi, I’m dealing with the very same issue that zone cleaning is not working properly. I found other people describing that sympthoms but no one ever posted any solution.
Simply zone cleaning triggered via HA is after short time ended with message that zone cleaning is successfully done. Same area selected via mobile app is cleaned properly. Hopefully some one will solve this. I think that it has something to do with new beta map and using no-go zones.

Hello @Fixx , I managed to fix this bug doing this : Help with zone cleaning parameters - Xiaomi vacuum

Hope it will help you !

Should I update my roborock firmware to 3.3.9_001898?