Roborock S6 MAXV Device Token

can someone confirm that you can still connect the roborock to Google Assistant when it’s connected via the Mi Home app?

I have a S5 Max connected via the Mi Home app. And No, it doesn’t work with Google Assistant. You need the Roborock app for this. However, there is no way to retrieve a token when using the Roborock app.

So I am in the market for a robo vac and I heard Roborock was good but does home assistant support it at all? Can’t seem to find much on it

check out these for Roborock S6 maxV

1 Like

Hi, I have retrieved the token of my S6 Maxv already. Then I added my vacuum to HA in Integrations page by choosing Xiaomi Miio and Vacuum.Roborock. After that, my vacuum appeared in entities list but its status is “unavailable” and I cannot retrieve any information from it or control it. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

1 Like

Is there still no way to get the S6 MaxV integrated into Home Assistant while using the Roborock app?

We could all ask for this feature. There is customer support in Roborock app. I am pretty sure they could implement this quickly if they get enough requests.

2 Likes

Yesterday I got a fw update on my Roborock S6 MaxV.

Hey guys,

as long as your phone is rooted, that’s pretty easy to solve.

• Install an android terminal
  • open it
  • type su
  • you’ll be asked to give it superuser rights
  • type zcat /data/data/com.roborock.smart/files/rr_cache/rr*

This should post all info on your screen you need, you just have to search for the localKey.

can someone confirm if this work for Roborock S6 MaxV? I tried earlier method to read file from rr_cache but it is all only 1 byte and no useful data.

Hey, this works for my Roborock S6 MaxV.

However the localkey isn’t useful, since you can’t connect to it with it.

The reason is unclear right now (to me).

Maybe the robot just has the local communication deactivated.

The reason it’s better to use original Roborock App (instead of MiHome) is that You can use the “Remove Viewing” function in S6 maxV (it’s very useful to be able to look through the camera!) - this is NOT possible in Xiaomi MiHome App.
Regarding Roborock App token I found this GitHub - redphx/roborock-tuya-token: Get Tuya token from Roborock app - maybe it helps? (I’m not a developer :frowning: )

1 Like

The localkey can be used with the custom component Roborock: [Custom Component] Roborock communication

I tried this also but at this moment it didn’t work for my Roborock S6 MaxV. I’m using the remote camera so for me the Mi Home app isn’t a solution.
After trying every week serveral things to get the S6 MaxV in HA it’s still hoping that the Roborock app get native support in HA, or get the token on request in the Roborock app.

1 Like

Have you been able to integrate into HA using the Roborock App?

Is there any news?

1 Like

Hi,

I tried the old methods and those are not working. Do we have any new process to add Roborock S6 MaxV. I think there is native support for S7 but not S6 MaxV

If you’re okay with using Xiaomi Home app on phone (instead of Roborock app), you can just add the Roborock device to Xiaomi Home and use the Xiaomi Miio/Roborock integration in Home Assistant with cloud login.

Roborock works natively now, there is a new integration. No need to use Xiaomi app and loose camera functionality.
Roborock - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

2 Likes

This is cool