Roborock S6 vacuum cleaner

Hi,

Did anyone find out yet if the new Roborock S6 vacuum cleaner will work with HA?

Thanks!
mny

Hello!

I have an S1 and the software should be almost the same.
It work’s, yes, but cleanup via roomname or coordinates does not work.

You always have to do a full cleanup.
Have a look at here: Xiaomi Vacuum S1/S60/T60/S61/T61 room cleaning by room name

1 Like

Yeah, looks like the verdict is that the S6’s Alexa and Google Assistant implementation is lacking a lot of features that allow for better functionality.

I don’t have the time to check whether it’s supported by HA yet, but it’d be nice to know whether anyone has seen any more about this.

Look at my thread posted above, it is possible right now.

Is the Google Assistant working with Roborock S6?

Can you use the new Roborock app to connect with home assistant or do you have to use the Mi Home app?

I’m also curious about this. I’m using the roborock app

Same here…
I use the roborock app, have an s6 and would want to integrate it in home assistant, I don’t really need room cleaning at this point, but would like to be able to start it with automation…

Changed to mi home app and added it to home assistant with ease,
Room cleaning works. The only thing I’m struggling with is setting fan spead from HA, someone here who can help?

How did you setup room cleaning from HA? By coordinates or room name?

I’m struggling to find a way to use room name from HA.

I use room commands
Not names, its described in the vacuum/xioami side here hon home assistant.

Then I added aliases to each script for Google Assistant so I can say clean kitchen/vacuum kitchen etc

Yes, you can use the Roborock app AND integrate into Home Assistant.

1. Reset the wifi on the vacuum.
  2. Use the Packet Sender tool method to obtain the token.
  3. Add the vacuum to the Roborock app.
1 Like

@atika, if I do this will I lose the map that’s already stored and I meticulously edited?

@ha_steve no, the map is stored in the vacuum itself. I also had a map already set up in Mi Home and did not lose it when switching to Roborock app.

Great! That means I can update to multiple floor update and keep integration with home assistant! Thanks

Have you got it to work with new update? 01.17.08?
I get the token from packet sender as before but I can’t get it to work in home assistant?

I have the S5Max and I’m still waiting for the new firmware.

ah okey, hope you get it soon.
im still trying to see if i can workaround it but nothing seem to work…

after the last update the token is not working… my guess is that roborock gets a new token when its being set up i the app… meaning the first token is not valid anymore…
hope you get it soon and can find a way around it :slight_smile:

I don’t use the Home Assistant integration anyways since the coronavirus lockdown.
I’m just starting the vacuum manually when convenient, no need for automation.

Can’t you just do the firmware update in the Roborock app and switch back to using Mi Home?
It’s shouldn’t roll back the firmware.