Roomba i7 support

Can someone help verify that Roomba i7 works with homeassistant?

I can’t seem to pull the BLID or password following the available documentation.

I’m able to detect the roomba via roomba.py but it isn’t pulling the relevant info.

I wish I had one to play with. If someone gets it working let me know. Our 960 is great but showing it’s age. A new one just might make the Christmas list if it works with Homeassistant.

Yes, this needs to be looked at.

Nobody is interested in this?

I expected a lot of ppl would be getting the i7 for the holidays.

It is a great upgrade.

I found an updated username(blid)/pass using the quick start instructions below (updated 10/10/2018 for i7 support)
(worked on a mac w/ mojave 10.14.1 and python 2.7.15 (stock with latest mac updates ))

FIX: 3 steps to find username/password on i7

pip install git+https://github.com/NickWaterton/Roomba980-Python.git
roomba
cat ~/.config.ini

Quick explanation of lines

1. install using pip from the github repo

pip install git+https://github.com/NickWaterton/Roomba980-Python.git

2. quick start form of detecting roomba and finding blid/pass . it should give instructions during on how to turn on wifi on your roomba after you start the script with no arguments - just as “roomba”

roomba

3. show the results of the autodiscovery that it stored by default:)

cat ~/.config.ini

further instructions here

Been trying to get this from my i7, but once I put it in discovery mode, it errors. Any ideas? Been trying many methods to get this i7 blid.

Roomba (Roomba) IP address is: 192.168.0.150
Connection Error timed out
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/roomba”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/roomba/main.py”, line 485, in main
Password(file=arg.configfile)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/roomba/password.py”, line 39, in init
self.get_password()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/roomba/password.py”, line 136, in get_password
wrappedSocket.send(packet)
File “/usr/local/Cellar/[email protected]/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py”, line 725, in send
v = self._sslobj.write(data)
ssl.SSLError: (‘The write operation timed out’,)