Roon-Server Add-on to deploy Roon locally

I’m interested in Roon, but there are no Roon Server Add-On to deploy Roon in Home-Assistant.

This is Dockerfile of Roon server that does not violate Roon license terms.

Docker Image for Roon Server - Linux - Roon Labs Community

https://github.com/elgeeko1/roon-server-docker

I’m not a programmer. I tried my best to create a Roon Server add-on, but I ended up giving up.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Not sure if this is good idea, unless you have quite powerfull hardware you run HA on with such add on. Roon is quite demanding, considering transcoding audio, doing real time DSP, streaming to multiple endpoint and so on. Just take a look at recommendation for Roon CORE:
We recommend the NUC11TNHi3 with 4GB RAM and 128GB M.2 SSD for small to medium-sized libraries.
So obviously it might run just right in docker (I personally tested it on Synology RS2418+), but finally decided to go to Roon ROCK (oficially unsupported) VM on ESXi server, with plenty of RAM and storage - I started to observe some glitches in docker installation, while runnig using custom DSP profiel and using Roon ARC streaming. Not something you could run on RPi, definitely.

I use Intel i3-N305. But I want to keep my HAOS. I installed Grafana, InfluxDB, Prometheus etc as Add-Ons to minimize the control plane in my house.
That is why I wish I have an option.

So indeed, your PC should be sufficient to run also Roon…
Perhaps change in configuration to run Ubuntu on this PC and run both HA and Roon directly in Docker side by side? Add-on would vreatly simplify setup, but Roon is someow niche and I dounbt someone will spend time on such add on creation… to be honest.

Yes, I’m thinking about migrating Home Assistant to Proxmox, but it would require a lot of work.
I wish someone not me could avoid this kind of problem. :slight_smile: