Root access, cant do sudo, curl, apt-get, etc

Im not a linux guy, but was told this is what i need to do to update my ozw 1.6 config files to get a device recognized. But when I connect keyboard to my HA blue, type login to get root access and then try to type in this command below, I get sudo not found. If I take sudo out and tru curl, I get curl not found.

sudo curl -o /mnt/data/supervisor/addons/data/core_zwave/ozw/config/inovelli/lzw45.xml https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/OpenZWave/master/config/inovelli/lzw45.xml

The Blue device runs HA OS, which is a minimal OS that only has what it needs to run HA and doesn’t include the ability to run to sudo or curl.

One way may work for you is to install the SSH add-on in the HA store, and use something like WinSCP to edit the files via SSH.

Unfortuntaly, I am being told SSH does not give me access to the host system to edit the files I need to. Catch 22 here. And I have tried SSH and im unable to access /mnt/data/supervisor/addons/data/core_zwave/ozw/config

Enter the docker container and try again.

docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash

If HASS OS images are based on Alpine Linux, you can install curl using apk add curl.

Or you use the Samba add-on, which makes that directory accessible as Windows share.

It currently uses Buildroot as far as I’m aware.

The docker images are built off alpine, HAOS is buildroot.

1 Like