rPi Sniffer - Hass.io

have you tried deleting the home-assistant_v2.db? maybe it’s too big and it’s blocking the start up…

Sure have. Deleted it but hasn’t been recreated. Seems Hassio just doesn’t want to start. Few more attempts tonight then likely just rebuild from scratch.

Ok Looks like I’m back. Did a manual downgrade to 0.57.1. Will try install the RF addon again to see what happens.

Ok successfully installed your repo. Now, I’m getting read outs, but very strange items:

Error: Connection refused
2017-11-16 15:34:30 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: 128 [pulselength 1995, protocol 4]
2017-11-16 15:35:00 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: 32 [pulselength 229, protocol 3]
2017-11-16 15:35:30 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: 33554432 [pulselength 1816, protocol 4]

I had strange readings when I used 5v instead 3.3v to power my rf receiver

This is the transmitter on 3.3v correct?

It depends on the piece of hardware you’re using, but the script works with all the receivers

Hi @Pantomax
thanks for your work. I was using rpi rf on hassbian and installed it there manually. Now I changed to hass.io and tried to use your script. I can install it perfectly via your repository. It starts very well, but it doesn’t react on any 433mhz signal.

I left everything like with hassbian, where it worked perfectly.

Any suggestions, what I’m doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

starting version 3.2.4
Running virtualenv with interpreter /usr/bin/python3
Using base prefix '/usr'
New python executable in /data/venv/bin/python3
Also creating executable in /data/venv/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip, wheel...done.
Collecting rpi-rf
  Downloading rpi-rf-0.9.6.tar.gz
Collecting RPi.GPIO (from rpi-rf)
  Downloading RPi.GPIO-0.6.3.tar.gz
Building wheels for collected packages: rpi-rf, RPi.GPIO
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for rpi-rf: started
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for rpi-rf: finished with status 'done'
  Stored in directory: /root/.cache/pip/wheels/16/e2/54/205bfe1826862c70b36a59d02c340d06726cdbd82f5b88dfdb
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for RPi.GPIO: started
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for RPi.GPIO: finished with status 'done'
  Stored in directory: /root/.cache/pip/wheels/ae/4d/3b/e924997dbf06810adf3b2e37f1d9627b2327eb9cbb285949c9
Successfully built rpi-rf RPi.GPIO
Installing collected packages: RPi.GPIO, rpi-rf
Successfully installed RPi.GPIO-0.6.3 rpi-rf-0.9.6

Hey @Philipp_Schreyer, I just restarted the addon and well… it still works. The only difference is the “version” in the first line, it say “3.2.2” on my Hassio.

starting version 3.2.2
Running virtualenv with interpreter /usr/bin/python3
Using base prefix '/usr'
New python executable in /data/venv/bin/python3
Also creating executable in /data/venv/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip, wheel...done.
Collecting rpi-rf
  Downloading rpi-rf-0.9.6.tar.gz
Collecting RPi.GPIO (from rpi-rf)
  Downloading RPi.GPIO-0.6.3.tar.gz
Building wheels for collected packages: rpi-rf, RPi.GPIO
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for rpi-rf: started
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for rpi-rf: finished with status 'done'
  Stored in directory: /root/.cache/pip/wheels/16/e2/54/205bfe1826862c70b36a59d02c340d06726cdbd82f5b88dfdb
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for RPi.GPIO: started
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for RPi.GPIO: finished with status 'done'
  Stored in directory: /root/.cache/pip/wheels/ae/4d/3b/e924997dbf06810adf3b2e37f1d9627b2327eb9cbb285949c9
Successfully built rpi-rf RPi.GPIO
Installing collected packages: RPi.GPIO, rpi-rf
Successfully installed RPi.GPIO-0.6.3 rpi-rf-0.9.6
2018-01-11 12:40:17 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: Listening for codes on GPIO 27
2018-01-11 12:40:26 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: 4096 [pulselength 1222, protocol 4]

Actually I’m not sure where the problem could be, are you using the right GPIO? Probably yes, you should at least read the line

[INFO] rpi-rf_receive: Listening for codes on GPIO 27

and then not receiving anything.
I am using the 0.60 version of Hassio, what about you? Did you already updated to the 0.60.1?

Try to have a look at the supervisor log inside the advanced settings

Maybe there could be some errors recorded there…

Hi @Pantomax,

this is the last lines of my supervisor log:
18-01-11 11:25:56 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons.git] Pull addon https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-addons repository
18-01-11 11:25:56 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons.git] Pull addon https://github.com/pantomax/hassio-addons repository
18-01-11 11:25:57 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons] Load addons: 23 all - 0 new - 0 remove
18-01-11 12:00:16 INFO (SyncWorker_17) [hassio.docker.interface] Clean de3cd379/armhf-addon-rfreceiver docker application
18-01-11 12:00:18 INFO (SyncWorker_17) [hassio.docker.addon] Start docker addon de3cd379/armhf-addon-rfreceiver with version 1.5

So that looks good, though.

Yes, I already use 0.60.1 and I saw another thing:
The addon stopps automatically. After I started it and got the output from the last post, when I reload the page it says: STOPPED. When I restart (addon and machine) this doesn’t bring a solution :frowning:

I think I’m not going to upgrade my Hassio then :grimacing:. I’ll have a look if something is changed on declaring the addons, maybe there’s something I should change. Thanks for letting me know

is it your addon options page like this?

Yes it is, exactly. But after refreshing the page it’s “stopped” again.

Hi Pantomax,

just wanted to give some feedback here.
I made a fresh install of Hass.io yesterday coming from Hassbian.
Installed this addon from your repository and it works like a charm. Maybe @Philipp_Schreyer forgot to copy the python file to share? How would your addon behave if it is not there?

Only thing I also experience is that I can’t read codes properly. The addon just logs codes everytime and if I hold the button of my remote it logs lots of different codes and protocols.
I think this is caused by my cheap RF receiver. Just ordered a better one, will let you know.

So far, thanks for the addon
eXtatic

Thank you @eXtatic, I had problems like that when I was using a receiver like this one:
now, I’m using this one and it works much better:

Just use an external antenna to receive codes better and use the correct voltage for the receiver you’re using :wink:

1 Like

Hey Pantomax,

exactly the same HW here :slight_smile:, just orderer the bottom one now.
So you’re running the better receiver with 3.3V ?
The cheap one behaves the same on 3.3V and 5V.

Using 5V I had very strange readings while on 3.3V it worked better, much better…

1 Like

When i used the cheaper receiver on 3.3V it got alot of ghost signals, using 5v solved the problem for me.

I currently have it on 5V and an external antenna is also soldered. Without using the remote I get this: