RPi/Synology - Hass.io install

Hello,

I am a Haas newbie and had a question about how to best install haas.io (not just home assistant) for my purposes. I’m mostly a windows admin/.net developer so linux/python is not exactly my strong suit but I do have a synology nas and am familiar with ssh and basic linux. I downloaded the vhdx and been playing with it on a tower computer that has hyper-v which has been working great. Now I want to get it setup in a more production like capacity. I usually keep that computer on but don’t really want it running there permanently. I don’t need to move the data over as I didn’t do that much customization yet.

I have a rasperry pi 3B that I want to display the haas dashboard to a touchscreen. My problem is I don’t know how / where I want to install haas.io since I already have raspian and want the touchscreen for the pi then I can’t flash the pi with the official image. I saw the tutorial to install docker on linux would this be the way to go? Or would I be better off installing haas on the Raspberry 3 and getting a rpi 4 & touchscreen to do the controlling part?

I also have a synology DS418play intel celeron processor and 2 GB memory. Just wondering if I should install docker on there and use it?

Smart home devices

• TP link Casa switch / Belkin Wemo Switches
  • Some Philips Hue Bulbs
  • light/plug under the Geeni brand.

Thanks,
Trevor