Run voice assistant on seperate home assistant instance?

Can I run everything related to home assistant from a different computer with home assistant installed and integrate it into my existing home assistant so it augments my set-up? It an i5 mini computer it should be pretty good for this I think.

Hi, you don’t need to run a 2nd home assistant, you can run a voice assistant in a container and link it to your HA.

You do not need two Home Assistant instances to run the voice things on a different machine. In fact it is probably the preferred setup because the voice recognition and generation requires quite different hardware.

@/+)#, Nick4 beat me to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you elaborate on the most efficient way to do it on a computer? I would really prefer the simplicity of running it on home assistant but I am also having trouble directly installing home assistant.

What do you mean by that?
Do you find installing HA difficult?

I tried method 2 because I assumed it would be like installing windows but I think it just booted to the flash drive and never installs itself to the main drive.

I don’t wanna keep you from getting into HA, it’s just that you will have to spend some time reading, searching, asking, making mistakes (no problem if you have backups) and trial & error if you want to master this.
HA has a quite steep learning curve which needs determination and patience since it’s a very powerful piece of software.
I have seen quite some users doing very nice things with HA and to me this was unfamiliar territory too.

I assume you have read the docs, and followed your chosen method step by step.

If not this is where you start.

Sorry to have to say this but you really need to start with some basics like installing and understanding the concepts in HA before embarking on the setting up of Voice Assistant.

Read the docs, watch some youtube on the basics then move onto voice stuff.

1 Like