Running HA on a RP4 in a ZP-0130 housing

I have a case with a FAN with lights but i need GPIO to turn on the fan light.
Now i tried a few things but im a lot but no HA expert :slightly_smiling_face:
Does anyone have a case like this and the fanlight working?

https://wiki.52pi.com/index.php?title=ZP-0130

1 Like

Any luck on this? I’m running into the same issue. I can toggle the fan on/off but I can’t get the OLED screen or the RGB to turn on in this case.

Instructions (raspbian based) are at the link in the OP.

Where exactly in the instructions are you guys getting stuck?

Under the section “How to enable OLED Display” I’m able to clone the repo with the but I can’t do anything that involves the sudo command. I just get “command not found”. I believe this is because HA OS is built on Buildroot so Idk if this will be possible at all.

Similar thing for the fan RGB. Under " How to Install All Drivers Automatically" I’m able to clone the repo and when I try to run the command “./install.sh” without sudo it will give an error for almost every line that script tries to run because again, it tries to use raspbian based sudo commands :frowning:

1 Like

remove the sudo then run them?..

at the end of the day, most ‘sheilds’ use a combination of config.txt, binaries (what you are compiling) or python code, and possibly / probably some sort of ‘startup’ mechanism/s.

you can dissect the scripts and extract most of the above (possibly startup mechanism may cause grief/ need to be adapted), and/or seek advice from the manufacturer about alternate OS/s.

good luck!

Thank you for share with us.9apps

I tried removing sudo but it still spits back out “command not found” and tbh I don’t know what most of the commands are doing for me to know where to remove or what to replace them with.

I also tried reaching out to manufacturer support (52pi) a couple days ago but haven’t heard back yet. For now I decided I’m just gonna jump over to HA on docker while running Raspbian OS. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

glad you gave it ago, for reference for anyone who might land here…

lights are ws281x on GPIO18
oled is i2c (not sure of the chipset)

this script https://github.com/geeekpi/absminitowerkit/blob/4aa27ebdb722064658f3adecbf20afc8354dfa49/install.sh (from the main link above) is a bit more generic than the main page…

but essentially it,

adds i2c to your config.txt (assumes kernel i2c modules / functionality… most rpi OS’s have it)

dtparam=i2c_arm=on

installs a bunch of python stuff… and gets code that runs;

sysinfo.py ( populates display via i2c )

moonlight (/usr/bin) bitbangs GPIO18 / drives the led colors

1 Like

Install HACS.
Then find the following addon.
Install it and follow all instructions.
I got it working now

1 Like