Running home assistant on a Pogoplug v2?

I have a few of these laying around running linux from an 8gb flash drive. I used them for squeeze boxes, Logitech media server, and NAS boxes. Was wondering if they would work well for HA server?
Or is the hardware too limited? These are the specs

Architecture
ARMv5te
Processor
Marvell Kirkwood 1.2GHz
RAM
256MB
NAND
128MB
USB
Ethernet
Gigabit

I was interested in this too I have a pogoplug E02 that i am not using anymore and tried to setup with arch linux on usb and tried to install homeassitant but fails …
Have you or anyone got this to work on pogo plug let me know…
I am also looking for instructions to install debian variant on this device if this helps to install homeassitant…

its a armv5tel device…

I am quite sure it will fail because too little ram

Actually i just tried and it failed giving this error… can anyone help

----------------------------------------

Command “/usr/bin/python -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-install-pdkhccxy/cryptography/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-record-xf2rssas/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --user --prefix=” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-pdkhccxy/cryptography/

I too have one collecting dust, would be nice to breathe fire into an old device. Anyone made any progress in making it work or anything?

I am pretty sure the architecture is not supported. ARMv5te is very old.

1 Like

Thank you, I am very new to H.A. At the moment I am trying to find some old hardware to run a dedicated rig just for HA.