RV Automation

I have an older Class A and I want to automate the 12v lighting, thermostat control, and monitoring of tanks, temperatures/Humidity, solar and power. I am using HA in my home but at the basic level- light controls. I plan on going to full time RVing and will be moving my raspPi to the rv. I want to start in the rv with just ceiling lights- that are controlled by switches, most are three-way. To be honest I have been researching and it isn’t as easy as setting up house lights. I need a place to start with setting this up. I could use some help getting started. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hi Chuck,

I’m sad to see you didn’t get any responses here. Did you have any luck with this since your original post? I’m in the same situation - I’m planning to go FT in my RV with a simple RPi 4 HA doing mostly lighting at home (though monitoring lots of things.) I have another RPi 3 just running Venus OS and monitoring a Victron Multiplus 3000 solar system with 1240W on the roof (I thought I could use a tiny RPi Zero for that; I was wrong…) I had really hoped to be able to turn on a simple Victron HACs integration, then set up some fun automations (which I’ve also not yet done at home) to use the extra power when plugged into shore power or whenever I have full batteries from solar - like turn on the 12V hot water heater. I see lots of discussions about using MQTT or APIs to talk to the Victron, and that’s great(!) but I have not taken the time to tinker with it yet. My RV is stored over an hour drive from my house, so it’s not something I can experiment with casually before I hit the road. Guess I’ll have something to do on rainy days!

Does anyone else out there have a similar “HARV” setup?