SAJ Solar inverter

Sorry if what I am going to say is silly, I am very new to these things… if it is a USB, couldn’t it just be split into 2 and connect the AIO3 to one of them and use the other to tinker with the RS232?

Hi George,

Not sure that will work. Typically serial communications (especially RS232) are one street-communication only, meaning that only one ‘master’ will be able to request the data. Besides using a modbus gateway, i’m not sure multiple request can be done on the serial bus of the Saj.

Not really sure as to why you would need the AOI3 module though, with this modbus pulling, you will be able to pull all information off the inverter on a real time basis (1 sec). Everything that i can think off can be pulled without having to do a lot of calculations. With this info that you pull, you can do whatever you want to visualize this in home assistant.

Updating the sofware will not work, but for that, you can decouple the modbus USB and recouple the AOI3 module if needed.

eg:

, literally allmost all of the data for this graph comes from the SaJ inverter.

good luck!

kind regards,

Ben

Hi!
I went for the dns server + mqtt proxy.
mqtt payload is binary data, sent every 10 seconds as “realtime_data”.
Does someone know about the format?
[djansen1987] mentioned some article regarding this but cannot find anything related

1 Like

Hi guys. I have previously succesfully imported the data from my SAJ inverter into HA. However, after upgrading HA the connection has been lost. I can access the inverter via its IP address from my browser without any trouble.

Anybody has the same issue as me or might be able to help me trouble shoot? I see a warning/error on SAJ in the logs:

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of sensor platform command_line is taking over 10 seconds.
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of platform saj is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.

Hi,

I’m experiencing the same issue.

Miss configuration on my side.
Never mind it’s working on my side.

The issue is fixed with the recent .7 core update of HA.

Hi All,

I would like to ask some help. I am new with home assistant, I would like to ask some help.
I use the built in SAJ integration, this my configuration.

sensor:
#SAJ

• platform: saj
    name: SAJ
    host: 10.10.10.60
    type: wifi
    username: admin
    password: admin

Everything looks good but my homeassistant log is full with this errors after I add the SAJ integration.

2022-07-16 09:15:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/saj/sensor.py”, line 159, in interval_listener
if await action():
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/saj/sensor.py”, line 114, in async_saj
values = await saj.read(sensor_def)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pysaj/init.py”, line 141, in read
async with session.get(current_url) as response:
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py”, line 1138, in aenter
self._resp = await self._coro
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py”, line 559, in _request
await resp.start(conn)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py”, line 893, in start
with self._timer:
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/helpers.py”, line 721, in exit
raise asyncio.TimeoutError from None
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

I installed my HA on a Synology Docker.
What can I do?

Hi Ben!
Please, can you share the modbus protocol provided by SAJ?
I own a SAJ H1 5K
thank’s!!

Hi Jorge, I own the same inverter.
Those are some of the modbus adresses:

HEX DEC Size (Word) Register Name Data Type Rate Unit Property Register Description
4032H 16434 1 ROutCurr Uint16 -2 A R R Phase Output Current
4033H 16435 1 RGridFreq Uint16 -2 Hz R R Phase Grid Frequency
4034H 16436 1 RGridDCI Int16 0 mA R R Phase Grid DC Component
4035H 16437 1 ROutPowerWatt Uint16 0 W R R Phase Output Active Power
4036H 16438 1 RGridPowerVA Uint16 0 W R R Phase Grid Apparent Power
4037H 16439 1 RGridPowerPF Int16 -3 R R Phase Grid Power Factor
4046H 16454 1 RInvVolt Uint16 -1 V R R Phase Inverting Voltage
4047H 16455 1 RInvCurr Int16 -2 A R R Phase Inverting Current
4048H 16456 1 RInvFreq Uint16 -2 Hz R R Phase Inverting Frequency
4049H 16457 1 RInvPowerWatt Int16 0 W R R Phase Inverting Active Power
404AH 16458 1 RInvPowerVA Uint16 0 VA R R Phase Inverting Apparent Power
4055H 16469 1 ROutVolt Uint16 -1 V R R Phase Output Voltage
4056H 16470 1 ROutCurr Uint16 -2 A R R Phase Output Current
4057H 16471 1 ROutFreq Uint16 -2 Hz R R Phase Output Frequency
4058H 16472 1 ROutDVI Int16 0 mV R R Phase Output Voltage DC Component
4059H 16473 1 ROutPowerWatt Uint16 0 W R R Phase Output Active Power
405AH 16474 1 ROutPowerVA Uint16 0 VA R R Phase Output Apparent Power
1 Like

Hello Hugo!
Thank you very much for your answer! I have been looking for this information for a long time.
If you can send me the complete file by PM, I would be very grateful!!

Thanks i also have a (two, yeah I got a cool 20KW panels) trifase inverter AIO3 with new dongle, will try your setup when the installation is done.
The models are

• two of these hybrid inverters, H2-10K-T2 AIO3 type
  • together with 6 batteries B1-5.1-48V and
  • METER CHINT SMART DDSU666 trifase

Anyone else got the same invertee/batteries?

It’s done!

Hello. I need your help. I’ve been using this integration for over a year and everything has worked great. Unfortunately, since the last two HA core updates I still have this error:

Setup of platform saj is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.

My settings in cofiguration.yaml:
sensor:

• platform: saj
    name: SAJ Suntrio Plus
    host: 192.168.1.155
    username: admin
    password: admin

I don’t know why I have this error all the time. Please help.
My HA is:
Home Assistant 2022.8.3
Supervisor 2022.08.3
Operating System 8.4

Got the same, following.

Home Assistant 2022.8.5
Supervisor 2022.08.3
Operating System 8.4

Still not working…

Buenas tengo un saj h1 6k/s2 tras una actualización del sat la primera el Inversor se queda con el logo actualizar así ya van 4 días, por bluetooht solo se ve el modulo wifi, desapareció el módulo del Inversor , alguna forma recuperar arranque normal, ahora está bloqueado hay y por mucho que apague o encienda sale lo mismo, no se interrumpió nada tras la actualizacion además había fv y baterías al 100x100, si sabéis alguna solución, el sat de mi país dice que es la primera vez que ve eso que iban a ver que decían los chinos y llevo así varios días, jodido.

Were you able to charge the battery through home assistant?

1 Like

Hi all,

I have the same problem: “setup of platform saj is taking longer than 60 seconds” in the logging. Sometimes it works, most times the saj integration is not available.

Inverter is a SAJ R5

Configuration:

sensor:
  - platform: saj
    name: zonneplan_omvormer
    host: 10.109.255.3

HA versions are:
Home Assistant 2022.9.3
Supervisor 2022.08.6
Operating System 8.5
Frontend-versie: 20220907.1 - latest

System is a Raspberry Pi 3.

Is there a way to increase the allowed startup time to more than 60 seconds?