Salus it500

I bought my internet thermostat a few years back it’s a salus it500

I can’t find a way to add it to Hass or Alexa

Has anyone else tried this

2 Likes

I am looking for a solution but nothing yet!

I’ve found this, which just uses Alexa as a front-end to their website. Maybe a component could be made that replicates this?

I hadn’t heard of this thermostat, but if it worked as above (being able to over-ride for X Hours) that would be fantastic for my use case!

Hello all

I’ve found a piece of code for salus it500 thermostat (GitHub - zymotik/it500: Salus it500 to MQTT broadcast) just trying to figure out how to get work with home assistant.

so far i am having the thermostat readings solved

root@orangepi4:~/it500# service it500 status
● it500.service - LSB: forever-service startup script for it500
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/it500; generated)
   Active: active (running) since Sat 2020-08-29 11:13:10 UTC; 1h 32min ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 9634 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/it500 start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Tasks: 18 (limit: 4560)
   CGroup: /system.slice/it500.service
           ├─9656 /usr/bin/node /usr/lib/node_modules/forever/bin/monitor index.js
           └─9664 /usr/bin/node /home/ovi/it500/index.js

Aug 29 11:13:08 orangepi4 systemd[1]: Starting LSB: forever-service startup script for it500...
Aug 29 11:13:09 orangepi4 it500[9634]: Starting it500
Aug 29 11:13:10 orangepi4 systemd[1]: Started LSB: forever-service startup script for it500.

I am new to this area and trying to understand how/what to further connect it with HA as on the description of the code says the following:

Blockquote

configured a sensor using something like the following:

- platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "tele/it500"
    name: "Salus IT500"
    icon: mdi:temperature-celsius
    unit_of_measurement: '°C'
    expire_after: 120
    value_template: '{{ value_json.Zone1Temperature }}'
  - platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "tele/it500"
    name: "Salus IT500"
    icon: mdi:temperature-celsius
    unit_of_measurement: '°C'
    expire_after: 120
    value_template: '{{ value_json.Zone2Temperature }}'

Blockquote

Basically how can make the readings to be published in home assistant?

I implemented a Salus IT500 client in python for another project. It can be found here, maybe it could help anyone interested in implementing the home assistant integration.

I have now created a PR to add this to home assistant: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/48103

2 Likes

Hi i am new in the world of home-assistant. I would love to be able to connect to my Salus IT500 thermostat. Is an integration develloped yet?

Hi I have a Salus IT 500 thermostat and I look for a ha integration. Any update here?

I would definitely buy one of these if it could talk with home assistant…

There is an hacs integration for the it600… has anyone tried it, with the it500?

Or maybe some smart person (not me) could change some things in it to make it work with the it500 :man_shrugging:t3:

Until the integration is available I’ve created a custom component for this. It’s using the salus-it500.com.
You can find it here GitHub - floringhimie/salusfy: SALUS THERMOSTAT

1 Like

Thank you for this. Confirm it’s working with Salus RT310i.