Samba Backup: Executes twice

RPi4b 8GB, HA (Core 2024.5.5; Supervisor 2024.05.1; Operating System 12.3; Frontend 20240501.1), Samba Backup 5.2.0

Samba Backup is configured to be triggered every day at 00:00hrs.

Expected behaviour: Samba Backup executes once resulting in one backup file in each of the local /backup and specified remote (Samba) directories.

Observed behaviour: Samba Backup executes twice in quick succession resulting in two backup files in the above directories. The HA logs confirm that it is Samba Backup executing twice.

Other information: ‘grep samba *.yaml’ in /config indicates two instance: One for the backup itself and one for the sensor.

Request: Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

How are you triggering the backup?

With an automation or just the add-on config?

Just the add-on config.

Is this what you are seeing?

If it is a different duplication open a new issue there.

Ref: Your “Is this what you are seeing?”. No.

My issue seems to be separate from baunan’s: His seems to be Samba Backup placing duplicates in a different directory on the HA host. Mine is Samba Backup placing duplicates in the local backup directory and in the remote Samba directory.

However, I have noticed that my issue does not happen with each backup run. I have an idea I’ll chase down. If I solve it myself, I’ll advise; otherwise, I’ll open a new problem report as you suggest (once I determine how to do that! :smiley:) and advise PRID (or equivalent).

Tx! More to follow…