SAMBA BACKUP has stopped backing up my installed addons -- SOLVED!

It seems the Supervisor 2022.6.1 and later has changed to the point that Samba Backup no longer selects the installed addons to add to the backup

I believe it has to do with this line from main.sh

addons=$(ha addons --raw-json | jq -rc '.data.addons[] | select (.installed == true) | .slug')

I believe ‘ha addons’ now only returns the installed addons which made the installed:true redundant in the json

see this for details

Still working for me:

Untitled

I suggest you also ask what your issue is in the Samba backup topic.

Did you create an issue in the addon repo?

Yes I did

Supervisor 2022.6.1 seems to break the backing up of AddOns · Issue #89 · thomasmauerer/hassio-addons (github.com)

but is seems the author hasnt made any changes since February

are you on Supervisor 2022.6.1 or later… (still in beta) I mention it now as some people may not want to update to Supervisor 2022.6.1 until there is a fix

I’m on 2022.6.2

I am too …

if you go into terminal and type ha addons --raw-json the installed:true is no longer a key pair so the select above prevents it from returning any addons

it still runs

but it only gets the folders and Homeassistant config - with no error
but no addons

Though that only happened this afternoon. If 2022.6.1 is still in beta as well I would not have been on it when my backup ran last night. I only enabled beta updates this morning.

Probably explains it.

Will see what happens tonight.

Fwiw everything you’re showing makes sense. Think you did find a bug and the root cause. You can submit a PR to fix it, pretty simple just remove the select bit from that statement, like this:

addons=$(ha addons --raw-json | jq -rc '.data.addons[] | .slug')

But there’s two other PRs open for a while and I don’t see any updates since last September so I’m not sure the author is maintaining it anymore. Might have to fork it and fix it there or make it into a local addon.

Not really a github user per se … I use a fork to eat with… :slight_smile: and when it comes to docker… ummm not so much either…

PR created:

But yeah Thomas seems to have been MIA for a few months.

2 Likes

I’m still here… :grinning: thanks for mentioning that breaking change and for the PR. I’ll take a look at it this weekend. But I guess I have to wait until Supervisor 2022.06.XX is officially released before I can publish an update.

2 Likes

Good point. Proposed a suggestion on the PR that I think will work before and after the update.

I posted this message because I was afraid someone would upgrade and their backups would not be complete as there was no indication that it didnt backup everything I was expecting… I only noticed because on my test/dev box it was only taking 1 minute to complete… no error and if it had gone on for more than 7 days … no real backups left

Thanks for an Awsome addon though it has worked flawlessly till this happened… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Confirmed. No addons in last nights backup.

Issue is fixed in v5.1.0. You can update even if you’re running a supervisor version below 2022.06.

2 Likes

I can confirm … the 5.1.0 version has solved my issue for 2022.6+ version of Supervisor and it is working on my Production Server ( Supervisor 2022.5.3 ) as well…(it just takes about an hour to backup… but I can see its getting the addons in the log…

Thanks Thomas Mauerer!

1 Like

It has been 8 hours and I’m not seeing the addon update?

I had it automatically announced today :wink:

Are you running 2022.7.0b2?