Samba Share 0.8 add-on seems to not work (solved)

Hello guys!

I’ve been running Hassio on my pi2 for a few days just to experiment what’s coming! Previously I had Hassbian installed which by default shares the config via samba. It was working and showing up perfectly on my Macs in Finder

However Hassio Samba Share add-on seems to not work for me and I can’t really find out why. This is what the log shows

starting version 3.2.1
smbd version 4.5.10 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2016
Registered MSG_REQ_POOL_USAGE
Registered MSG_REQ_DMALLOC_MARK and LOG_CHANGED
Processing section "[config]"
Processing section "[addons]"
Processing section "[share]"
added interface eth0 ip=172.17.0.3 bcast=172.17.255.255 netmask=255.255.0.0
INFO: Profiling support unavailable in this build.
No builtin backend found, trying to load plugin
Module 'tdbsam' loaded
tdb(/var/lib/samba/registry.tdb): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/lib/samba/registry.tdb: No such file or directory
tdb(/var/lib/samba/account_policy.tdb): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/lib/samba/account_policy.tdb: No such file or directory
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32_t failed for type 1 (min password length), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32_t failed for type 2 (password history), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32_t failed for type 3 (user must logon to change password), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32_t failed for type 4 (maximum password age), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32_t failed for type 5 (minimum password age), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32_t failed for type 6 (lockout duration), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32_t failed for type 7 (reset count minutes), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32_t failed for type 8 (bad lockout attempt), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32_t failed for type 9 (disconnect time), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32_t failed for type 10 (refuse machine password change), returning 0
tdbsam_open: Converting version 0.0 database to version 4.0.
tdbsam_convert_backup: updated /var/lib/samba/private/passdb.tdb file.
tdb(/var/lib/samba/winbindd_idmap.tdb): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/lib/samba/winbindd_idmap.tdb: No such file or directory
STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections
waiting for connections

It seems to be running correctly, however I’ve tried restarting the PI, reinstalling the add-on, etc with no luck. Also in the logs there’s a reference to eth0 ip=172.17.0.3which I guess it’s something internal of the samba add-on? Because my real hassio ip is 10.0.1.9!

In case it helps, here’s my current version of everything! Thanks!

What do you have in the log if you try to connect to the share?

The share sadly is not showing up in Finder, even restarting Finder, restarting the Mac or trying with another one :frowning:

try command+K, then enter smb://hassio.local

whoa! it actually connects! I thought it wasn’t working as it wasn’t showing up on Finder. Thanks a lot!

I am getting the same error but i am trying to access it using windows. can somebody help?

try typing \\hassio.local in a windows folder

1 Like

hey! I find out the solution to samba problems

Here it is: https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/31136-samba-shares-dont-show-up-windows-10-network.html#10

It seems samba 4 does not support kind of SMB3 protocol, so you need to disable it on windows and enable SMB1, then reboot and type in your expolorer the unc path \\ip_of_hassio_machine

1 Like