Samba share 9.5.1

Hi
I have a problem with samba share 9.5.1. I cannot access the config directory.
log:

PANIC (pid 838): Signal 11: Segmentation fault in 4.13.8
unable to produce a stack trace on this platform
dumping core in /var/log/samba/cores/smbd
Registered MSG_REQ_POOL_USAGE
check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [prosilence] -> [prosilence] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER, authoritative=1

Does anyone know the solution.

No issues here with Samba 9.5.1.

Where is that log from, the server or the client?

It may seem obvious, but that error message may give you a clue?

You need to create shares on your PC using the credentials set up in the SAMBA addon.

Whatever you are using on your PC does not match what is set up in the SAMBA addon.

See:

I can’t seem to figure out how to get this Samba share working from my windows 10 machine. I updated the config info for the add-on as per the documentation and examples I have seen online but when enter the path in the file explorer bar and get prompted for the password/ login I created in the config file it continues to give me an error that the password isn’t correct and I see this in the Samba add-on log.

NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER

Is there a setting on Windows 10 that I am missing that I should tweak? Do I need to add a local user or something on the windows machine to match the credentials in Samba Add-on?

Thanks,

did you figure this out

Its a bug or something, this never actually challenges you when trying to navigate to the path. The logs for the Samba plugin say that it tries to login as my current user for Windows.
THE FIX
Whatever username you have for Windows, make that your Samba username and whatever your password is for Windows, make that your Samba password. Then once you go to the \IP then it will just let you in. HORRIBLE that it does not challenge you for creds, has to be a config setting that forces it to ask. GOOD LUCK!