Samsung AC

I need some help with getting the token can someone has the patience to guide me? pm?

I keep getting this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\zilbe\Downloads\actest.py", line 1, in <module>
    import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'

any advice?

Hi, Iā€™ve been struggeling with getting the token for a while my self, and what I figured out is the script in the original thread does not work.
I followed this guide and got my token: homebridge-plugin-samsung-air-conditioner - npm

this is for the 2878 port version, but itā€™s a link there to 8888 also.

As for getting the integration up and running, how do I actually control it? Pretty new to HA, so I really donā€™t understand how the integrations actually work.

Anyone know if it is possible to get power consumption info from this integration?

Bump? :smiley:
No one got power concumption from HP?

Not sure if this is what you are asking since I have not gone back and read through all the other posts but here it is anyways.
I have a couple of Samsung minisplits. One is a single head and the other is a triple (only 2 heads connected.) I have the single head (wall head) connected to SmartThings and one wall unit of the other connected to SmartThings. The main unit on the multi-head unit is a console and does not connect to SmartThings. It has a wired thermostat that displays the energy usage of the heat pump. The SmartThings connected head (same outside unit) does not display power consumption, only time running, so it is rather useless. In order for me to utilize the power usage for the multi-head unit I have to manually read it off the wall thermostat. The single head unit does report the power usage through SmartThings and I can display it in HA.

I can also display the current usage although there does appear to be quite a delay at times

Ah, my heat pump is not supported by smart things, but I have to use the shitty app SmartAirConditionā€¦ :frowning:

Hi

I have an Samsung WindFree AR12RXWXXCWKNEU and try all for get token, but without sucessā€¦

someone can put the procedure for this AC model?

Iā€™m windows and HA on raspberry Pi 4.

Iā€™m use this metodo: Guide: Samsung A/C to Home Assistant ā€“ Creating Smart Home

and when Iā€™m put command ā€œpython3 actest.pyā€ give me this error:

How I can correct this?

best regards

This is a windfree AC, you wonā€™t be able to get a token. There is only one solution if you want to control it from HA: use the Smartthings integration (or try using an IR blaster)

1 Like

Hi

Iā€™m try use Smartthinks integration but HA give an error, after click on install.

How I can solve it?

If I remember correctly, I set up my Samsung Heat pump in SmartThings first and was able to control and monitor it from my phone using the SmartThings app. I then connected my SmartThings account to my HA setup. That gave me all the sensors and data in HA. I do remember having to use a Token of some kind for my heatpump setup. I canā€™t really remember the procedure as I was just learning HA and the heat pump/smartThings stuff. I do remember that it was not difficult but was also not very clear what I had to do. I just made sure I copied all the uasernames/passwords and tokens down so I had them available when I needed them.

I have 2 heat pump units (outside.) One is connected to an indoor head that supports smartThings. The other is a multisplit (2 indoor heads) On that unit I can only control one of the heads using SmartThings (only the wall unit supports SmartThings the other wall unit has a wired thermostat.) The other inside unit is the main unit and I have to manually get the power usage from the thermostat. I canā€™t program it using SmartThings either. I have to manually enter the programs for it on the thermostat. It makes it a real pain to use.

I donā€™t recall any issues actually installing the SmartThings integration into HA. Iā€™m pretty sure I just followed these instructions

1 Like

I remembered that one of the issues is being able to access SmartThings remotely. I decided to use the easy route and use Nabu Casa.

I followed this route from the instructions:

Webhook

This integration requires an internet accessible incoming webhook to receive push updates from SmartThings. The preferred approach is to subscribe to Home Assistant Cloud (Nabu Casa) and the integration will configure and use a cloudhook automatically. Alternatively, you will have to configure and setup an internet accessible webhook in Home Assistant as described below:

1 Like

You need a Nabu Casa account or setup your HA to be available on the web (certificate + port open on your router)

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it a try, just need some help please: what does ā€œInstall homebridge using: npm install -g homebridgeā€, mean? just run it on widows shell?
ok itā€™s been a long day, and a long curve of learning
last uestion, I hope :frowning: when running python Server8889.py
I get the following message:
```
File ā€œServer8889.pyā€, line 7

^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

new problems

Hi, am currently thinking about buying a Samsung air conditioner.

Did I understand it correctly? The only option to get access to the current generation of Air conditioners is to add the WIFI box and go over Samsung SmartThings cloudā€¦no local connection? Or buy an expensive KNX gateway?

Yes, no more local for all Samsung AC since windfree models

Thats sad.

The only other way I found is to use Intesis Devices to connect to the AC via Modbus RTU or TCP Samsung NASA units to Modbus RTU Interface. The RTU devices are around 250ā‚¬ witch would be ok and could be connected to ESPHome.

By the way. Whats your experience with Samsung AC. Thinking about buying 4 1 way cassetes for ceiling.
And can someone give me a hint whats the difference between NASA and NON NASA devices. Did not find an answer to this yet.

Iā€™m pretty happy with it (I have 3 units). Iā€™m just disappointed that it does not work with HA locally and that the windfree and quiet mode canā€™t be controlled by HA.

Then you should look into the Intesis Devices. The Modbus interface seems to have the Windfree option availalbe https://www.intesis.com/docs/librariesprovider11/manuals-design-guides/user-manuals/ac-interfaces/user-manual-inmbssamxxxo000.pdf?sfvrsn=52ce5fd7_9. Modbus should be simple to integrate into HASS. The only downside is that you need to manually map modbus.

I keep getting this, and tried so many thing suggested in the net without success:

Listening on localhost:8889
('certfile: ', '/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-samsung-smart-aircon/ac14k_m.pem')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Server8889.py", line 54, in <module>
    main()
  File "Server8889.py", line 49, in main
    server.socket = ssl.wrap_socket(server.socket, certfile = CERTFILE, server_side = True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 931, in wrap_socket
    ciphers=ciphers)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 542, in __init__
    self._context.load_cert_chain(certfile, keyfile)
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: CA_MD_TOO_WEAK] ca md too weak (_ssl.c:2815)

any ideas ???
please ???