Samsung AC

for next generations to be:
followed that instruction and stopped getting the above error: (still being refused, but at least get the listening mode fine)
solution

I found this https://github.com/DannyDeGaspari/Samsung-HVAC-buscontrol. It seems possible to connect directly to the control bus from Samsung NASA based ACā€™s. I could imagine that it should be possible to connect an ESP to that Bus to control it.

1 Like

Iā€™m controlling mine using Tasmota, I flashed a cheap IR Blaster with an ESP8266 in it and now I can just send IRHVAC Commands.
Iā€™ve modified my setup quite a bit to support all modes, but even without it it works great, since Tasmota uses the awesome IRRemoteESP8266 library.

@fedot this only allows to send commands right? You can not read state? And did you have only one unit?

I have a multi-split system and just use one of those devices and for the other one just a D1 mini with an IR LED.
This is one of them: Nedis Universal Remote Control IR Controller (WIFIRC10CBK) Configuration for Tasmota
You can read states if youā€™re using the original remote, since you could receive the IR signals and decode them (Tasmota with that library supports this).
However since Home Assistant doesnā€™t support Template Climate devices, Iā€™m using a bunch of helper entities (e.g. for temperature, fan speed etc.) to display / set the state.

1 Like

I still cant seem to get this to work, inserting the code in place of the existing causes the addon not to load in Ha, any ideas?

Anything new with integration of SAMSUNG AC with Home Assistant?

No. Still no local API so you need the smartthings integration + rest commands for newest AC

I tried the server.py and actest.py. Lot of problems (same warninges as #199 with server.py and a lot of errors at actest.py, meaning ā€˜connection refusedā€™).
If anyone has a solution: please tell.

At the same time I am thinking of a way to use the https://api.smartthings.com/v1.
I do have it working on nodejs with cli-example, but I want to transform it to HA.
Does anyone know how to build the string to rest_command?

hello how I can get token samsung 2878 ?

Unfortunately: does not workā€¦

Hello,

Use python 3.8. When I downgrade to that version, it starts listening to port 8889.
As I cannot tell the AC to send something it is hearing nothing, but thatā€™s another problem.

Hi all,
Has anyone else experienced issues with this integration after updating to 2023_6.1?

Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Source: custom_components/climate_ip_bak/climate.py:285
Integration: Climate ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/climate), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+climate%22))
First occurred: 5:46:08 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:46:08 PM

Error adding entities for domain climate with platform climate_ip
Error while setting up climate_ip platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 471, in async_add_entities
    await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 749, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 850, in add_to_platform_finish
    self.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 590, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 656, in _async_write_ha_state
    attr.update(self.state_attributes or {})
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/climate_ip_bak/climate.py", line 269, in state_attributes
    attrs.update(super(ClimateIP, self).state_attributes)
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 297, in state_attributes
    self.current_temperature,
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/climate_ip_bak/climate.py", line 285, in current_temperature
    return (self.rac.get_property(ATTR_CURRENT_TEMPERATURE) - 55)
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'NoneType' and 'int'

currently KNX to ethernet cost like 170 euro https://www.robbshop.nl/en/knx-ip-interface.

my home now has some smart home done - built on KNX interface, Im trying to figure out how it speaks to the Panasonic Thea IQ switches and Smart home panel = seems like KNX is the only bus between themā€¦ but canā€™t find any Samsung->knx rack installtion.

The successor of this, the Weinzierl 732, of s available from 145ā‚¬ :wink:

There is now a better solution then IR.

Its an ESPHome component witch directly is connects to the bus between indoor and outdoor units.

It currently works well with the new NASA devices. It can read some data of the older non NASA devices. I think changing values for them will be added soon.

4 Likes

Here the same; it doesnā€™t work Touching nothin, only upgrading HA ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Hi this looks awesome, what is the state? What all options are available? Is it under active development?

Hi friends,
Is there a way to use this integration to send out the commands for Windfree, Quite, Purify operation modes to Samsungā€™s Windfree ACs?

1 Like

Windfree is planed. Quite and Purify should be possible but I need help to test this since I did not have that modes on my AC.

1 Like