Samsung Air Conditioner help AR09HSSDPWKN

Hi, I’ve been struggeling finding out if my samsung air conditioner is supported in HA.

I started by following some tips from this old article: Samsung Air Conditioner - #3 by psadeazevedo and I can’t seem to get the access token.
I get error message in the PY. script:

context.load_cert_chain(certfile, keyfile)
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: CA_MD_TOO_WEAK] ca md too weak (_ssl.c:3862)

and the second script:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\test\actest.py", line 1, in <module>
    import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'

First of all, not sure if the Air Conditioner is supported at all with HA.
It’s not supported by the smart things app, but got a wifi module that is connected to the worst app EVER MADE: SmartAirConditioning.

It’s this pump: Luftvarmepumpe Smart Exclusive 9 | Samsung Support Norge
modelnr: AR09HSSDPWKN

Can anybody point me in the right direction, is it possible? What shall i try to configure ?

Any one got update to this script? SamsungAC - Google Drive

seems a bit old and not up to date

Dead end :frowning:

Hi, I’m late to the party, did you ever get this going?
I’ve got 3 samsung aircons that used to work perfectly with HA, but since it went to Python 3.10? around 2022.8 I’ve lost control of 2 of them (the older ones) and then since January I’ve lost contact with the 3rd one.
One is AR09FSSSBWKN, another is AQV09TWSN.
Been doing heaps of searching and finally got a script to connect to each unit and get the tokens which is what I thought the problem was, turns out I already had the right tokens.
The issue seems to me to be that the certificates provided by the units are old using SHA1. So now I’m trying to work out how I can get HA to talk to them.
This is my log from climate_ip in HA

File "/config/custom_components/climate_ip/samsung_2878.py", line 225, in send_socket_command
    sslSocket = self.socket
  File "/config/custom_components/climate_ip/samsung_2878.py", line 288, in socket
    self.create_connection()
  File "/config/custom_components/climate_ip/samsung_2878.py", line 264, in create_connection
    sslContext.load_cert_chain(cfg.cert)
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: CA_MD_TOO_WEAK] ca md too weak (_ssl.c:3874)

Anyone got any ideas?
Can I upgrade the certificates somehow? I don’t understand certs and keys and ciphers enough to know what to do next.

hey codyrally - welcome to the community - pity it couldn’t be under better circumstances though.

I’ve got a AQV12TWSNXSA seems to be in the same family as your AQV09TWSN. It is also complaining about the certificates.

I asked for a work-around for a perl script I was using to communicate with the AC almost 7 years ago on stack overflow and even got a response from the author of perl’s openssl library.

Unfortunately none of the answers from that thread work for this issue.

The only possible solution I can think of is to create a relay server written in python 3.8.8 that takes the commands from Home-Assistant, accepts them with a modern valid TLS cipher/ca-md, and then passes them on to the AC-Unit, without checking the cipher/ca-md used by the AC-Unit.

I don’t have enough experience with python to pull this off, but I am considering giving it a crack in Go …

Ah, that sounds like a good idea, not sure if I can tackle it but I have a few mates who are helping me fix it, together we might be able to nut something out.
I also thought maybe I can get the wifi module out and see if that can be updated/flashed or something. I’m assuming the certificate etc is stored inside that, but I’m struggling to grasp how it all works.
Thanks for your help.