Samsung Gear S3 Home Assistant UI!

No it doesnt have to be a dns name. But if it is an external ip address you need to make sure you have the port forwarded. Also the url needs both the host name and port number.

Ok, thanks. Sorry im probably getting annoying but I’ve been looking for this for a long time and really want to get it to work. When I click save and go to the menu page it doesn’t load any of my devices or groups or anything, and when I go back into the settings it clears my url, and again thank you for taking the time to help

Yeah even if your url was wrong it should save the url. I’ll try to walk you through debugging it. Can you first verify that you have a js/Services.js with a capital S? Second try these steps:

1. Right click on the HomeAssistant package and clicking Run As > Tizen Web Simulator Application. This will launch it in a browser window.
  2. Right click in the browser and hit inspect.
  3. Click the console tab at the top of the browser inspector
  4. Now try entering your creds and hitting save. See if any errors show up in the developer console

Hey, sorry it took so long I tried the web one and it worked just fine. In the watch debug log it shows “ecore_x<2371> ecore_x_events.c:1958 _ecore_x_event_handle_client_message() Received ECORE_X_ATOM_NET_WM_PING, so send pong to root time=22189309” but it still wont work on the watch

Strange, what watch is it exactly?

@Jerrkawz hi, I tried, but not work.
in the emulation mode it works, but on the watch the save button continue to not work, also after the download of your new repository, here the error:

ecore_x<9333> ecore_x_events.c:563 _ecore_x_event_handle_button_press() ButtonEvent:press time=5664210 button=1

What watch do you have?

I have the Gear S2

I also have the gear s2

@Batman313v @uakkauakkafo Seems to be an issue with the s2 or maybe with the version of tizen. Can one of you tell me which version of tizen you guys are running: Settings > About Gear > Software Information > Tizen Version

Gear S2 - Tizen 2.3.2.2

Tizen version 2.3.2.2
SW version R720XXU2EQJ2

I have 2.3.2.2

Alright so its likely an issue with 2.3.x then. I will investigate. Can the s2 not update to tizen 3.x?

Unfortunately, no. It looks like the S2 is stuck on 2.3.x.

I just picked up a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier today on Tizen 2.3.2.4 and I installed the app from the Gear App on my phone. I have the same issue described above with the save button not saving server settings and the URL going blank. So far the update for Tizen V3 has not rolled out to my device yet. I just checked. I will keep an eye out for updates/changes. I also have a Samsung S2 Classic on Tizen V 2.3.2.2 and as stated above, same issue. Both apps installed from the Gear Store on the phone app - Great work! Thank you!

I tried just now also installing the app via Gear App, the issue persist :persevere:

Yeah It’s the same code. The package just got published today! I won’t advertise it too much until I figure out the issue with 2.3.2 though

If you find or want to test some possibile solution i’ll be happy to support you!!! :wink:

Just installed the app and works great. Would be awesome if we had an widget for it where we can add certain lights / switches etc.

Great Job,

1 Like