Samsung Multiroom speakers

I am looking for a way to start/stop a group of speakers, I have at this moment “only” ben able to control on speaker and not a group.

I have created simple media_player to control volume and source of samsung speaker: https://github.com/macbury/ha_samsung_multi_room

Thanks for sharing - great work.

I see that the controls necessary for my R1 is very different. The source selection (with GetFunc/SetFunc) you use for a “soundbar” is pretty much irrelevant for a multi-room speaker. Instead I would need to select playback from presets (SetPlayPreset) and add some next/prev support for them.

But it should not be very difficult to add that to what you’ve already done.

Hi,
to switch a Samsung speaker or a group of speakers to OFF you can use the command for set a sleep timer with value 1 second.

http://your_speaker_IP:55001/UIC?cmd=%3Cname%3ESetSleepTimer%3C/name%3E%3Cp%20type=%22str%22%20name=%22option%22%20val=%22off%22/%3E%3Cp%20type=%22dec%22%20name=%22sleeptime%22%20val=%221%22/%3E

I hope this will help,
Kalle

1 Like

very nicely done. works well.

I have HDMI TV Arc so the Samsung TV controls the soundbar and for some reason the “optical” source selects this. Soundshare doesn’tdo anything either. I’ve tried the various API commands so it’s certainly not your code.

Great work!

i have this function in use, it stoped working after 0.89 i cant understand why. please help

Same here! The .log says:

2019-03-10 07:49:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Error while executing automation automation.radio_an_wochenende. Unknown error for call_service at pos 1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 375, in action
    await script_obj.async_run(variables, context)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 131, in async_run
    await self._handle_action(action, variables, context)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 210, in _handle_action
    action, variables, context)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 299, in _async_call_service
    context=context
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 85, in async_call_from_config
    domain, service_name, service_data, blocking=blocking, context=context)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1133, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 380, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 304, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1155, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/shell_command/__init__.py", line 89, in async_service_handler
    cmd, process.returncode)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/logging/__init__.py", line 1315, in exception
    self.error(msg, *args, exc_info=exc_info, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/logging/__init__.py", line 1309, in error
    self._log(ERROR, msg, args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/logging/__init__.py", line 1416, in _log
    self.handle(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/logging/__init__.py", line 1426, in handle
    self.callHandlers(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/logging/__init__.py", line 1488, in callHandlers
    hdlr.handle(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/logging/__init__.py", line 856, in handle
    self.emit(record)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/system_log/__init__.py", line 168, in emit
    _figure_out_source(record, stack, self.hass))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/system_log/__init__.py", line 99, in __init__
    self.root_cause = str(traceback.extract_tb(tb)[-1])
IndexError: list index out of range

Thanks

Try this repository. It is a fork of macbury’s and is working for me.

Note the change to the custom component folder structure required with later releases of HA.

I’ve tried this with my Samsung R3 speakers, but unfortunately it doesn’t work. Did anyone get this working with Samsung radiant speakers?

samsung_multi_room: Error on device update!

File "/config/custom_components/samsung_multi_room/media_player.py", line 85, in _exec_cmd
    response = await self.session.get(url)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 497, in _request
    await resp.start(conn)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 844, in start
    message, payload = await self._protocol.read()  # type: ignore  # noqa
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/streams.py", line 588, in read
    await self._waiter
concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 261, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 375, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()
  File "/config/custom_components/samsung_multi_room/media_player.py", line 202, in async_update
    value = await self.api.get_state()
  File "/config/custom_components/samsung_multi_room/media_player.py", line 106, in get_state
    return int(await self._exec_get('GetPowerStatus', 'powerStatus'))
  File "/config/custom_components/samsung_multi_room/media_player.py", line 95, in _exec_get
    return await self._exec_cmd('<name>{0}</name>'.format(action), key_to_extract)
  File "/config/custom_components/samsung_multi_room/media_player.py", line 92, in _exec_cmd
    return None
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 45, in __exit__
    self._do_exit(exc_type)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 92, in _do_exit
    raise asyncio.TimeoutError
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

Are you using the repository I linked to immediately above your post?

It’s working for me with Samsung MS-650 speakers.

Thanks Pete! Yes, I used that repository.
I found out that it has something to do with the ‘GetPowerStatus’ command that is missing on non-soundbar speakers:

I’ll will try to rewrite the code to fix it.

I get exactly the same error with the K650 with the dariornelas repo. Anyone else?

just released a new version with a new option:
power_options: False

Put this in your configuration and the component will not use the “GetPowerStatus” command.

1 Like

Thanks Dornelas. I’ve been using your component for some time now.

I am much appreciative of the work you have done.

Could you please explain the power options. I have an MS650 soundbar. Does the power option mean I can now power on/off the soundbar?

Thanks.

Yes, you can power on/off the soundbar.

If power_options = True (the default value)

• Support for Turn On and Off
  • On update, if device is On, update other values (volume, mute, source, etc…), if it’s Off do nothing

If power_options = False

• Does not support Turn On or Turn Off
  • On update, always update everything (volume, mute, source)

There’s also an experimental feature, if you play some radio (only TuneIn) it will fetch the station info/picture and update the component. (only tested on HW-MS650)

2 Likes

New with Hass and successfully using your custom component installed with HACS.

Does anyone know how to get the ID’s from the apps on Samsung TV’s, like stated in the application.py file?

APPS = {‘YouTube’: ‘111299001912’,
‘Plex’: ‘3201512006963’,
‘Prime Video’: ‘3201512006785’,
‘Universal Guide’: ‘3201710015067’,
‘Netflix’: ‘11101200001’,
‘Apple TV’: ‘3201807016597’,
‘Steam Link’: ‘3201702011851’,
etc.

For example, the ID of Disney+ app so I can add it in the py file.

@dornelas Does your version of this integration support Samsungs Harman Kardon soundbars (Q series)?

Not sure.
But it should work

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be working with them (at least Q80R) :frowning:

Have you tried without power options?

1 Like