Samsung Shape component (based of Samsung TV component)

I tested the Samsung TV component to work with the Samsung Shape Multiroom speakers.
It works! I tried and now am successfully using the current Samsung TV component to have basic control (volume, mute, play, pause, on, off) of my Shape M5 since it uses same SOAP/HTTPS protocol.

Would like to ask @stefan-jonasson and @fabaff if they would be so kind and morf/copy the TV component in a audio version.

I can imagine a toggle to have the component act as either a TV controller or a Speaker controller.

1 Like

How do you do this? I can’t get it to work

I would also like to see support for Samsung Multi-Room speakers in Home Assistant (like Samsung Radiant360 R1).

Just add like you would add the media_player.samsung_m5_spkwam550 to your TV Group like this

TV:
    view: yes
    icon: mdi:television
    entities:
      - media_player.samsung_m5_spkwam550

and it will show up nicely.

Hi,
I am also struggling to get my Shape M7 to be connected. Could you show us your actual media player config for the Samsung TV component. I am especially interested in the port you are using.
Thank you

I can’t really understand how to control the Samsung multiroom speakers. Say I want to pause everything in an automation in HA. How do I do?

Hello there. Sorry for the very late reply. Was busy for a quick minute. To answer your Q.
I checked for the IP of the speaker and added the mediaplayer like this.

media_player:
- platform: samsungtv
  host: 192.168.0.109
  name: Samsung Shape

You will find the speaker like this

- media_player.samsung_shape

You can also add without name and you will then find it like this

- media_player.samsung_m5_spkwam550

Hi,
then the default configuration is working for you but not for me and my M7 speaker. I thought you probably did something special. Guess I have to wait for an official Samsung Shape component then.
Anyway thank you for replying.