Samsung Tizen Support

Hi

How can I configure this to work with my HA. I have a Samsung TV running Tizen and Amazon Dot?

Thanks

should look something like this:

media_player:
    - platform: samsungtv
      host: 192.168.1.183
      port: 8001
      name: Basement TV

The port defines it at Tizen/2016+

HA detects it but it the TV doesnt respond to any commands like power off or volume up/down. Do you experience the same?

Mine is the same way, I am able to see the state of the TV but none of the controls work.

1 Like

Work ok for me. I’ve found that at times I have to send the initial command multiple times (I think the websocket setup is buggy) but once it connects the controls work as expected.

Do you have any errors in the log?

Nothing in the logs. Mute, Vol Up and Down seem to do nothing. If I turn off the TV from Home Assistant the Home Assistant remote turns off but then quickly turns back on. I guess the samsungctl client is pinging the TV to read the state of the TV. When using the commands given on the the Samsungctl github page the command goes seems to go through but no response on the TV.

You’re using the websockets on port 8001?

Yes I am using websockets

how did you set that up? all I have in my config.yaml is:

media_player:
      host: 192.168.1.183

Is that the correct IP address for the TV?

I’m not sure… I didn’t have to fiddle with anything other than the configuration. I was, however, able to get samsungctl to work prior to Tizen support being added.

I was never able to get samsungctl to work before and after Tizen support.

What year/model is your TV? Is it possible it’s an older version? did you try the older port/method in samsungctl or HA?

Tv model is UN75JU641D, I was using the older method with samsungctl but same result as websocket method.

Hi!

I have also tried this on an UE55JS8005, but it doesn’t work either, neither does samsungctl.

Starting Nmap 7.01 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2017-02-02 22:54 CET
Nmap scan report for [Samsung TV]
Host is up (0.0056s latency).
Not shown: 995 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
7676/tcp open imqbrokerd
8000/tcp open http-alt
8001/tcp open vcom-tunnel
8002/tcp open teradataordbms
8080/tcp open http-proxy

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.16 seconds

Telnet on port 8001:

Escape character is ‘^]’.
GET / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Length: 56
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 21:54:48 GMT
Connection: close

As it seems to respond in clear text I’ll have a closer look with tcpdump as soon as i have the time.

My TV responds with “{“event”:“ms.error”,“data”:{“message”:“unrecognized method value : ms.remote.control”}}”

Same thing both with home assistant and samsungctl.

I get this error: samsungctl: error: argument -h/–help: ignored explicit argument ‘ost’

how do you send a command say volume up from command line?

kylerw, when you say it’s working for you, what attributes are available from the developer’s “state” panel? I’ve got a KS8000 and the only thing I see is a single attribute, on or off. This kinda works but is so sluggish that it’s virtually unusable. I think you have the same TV, so I’m wondering what’s different? My configuration looks like this:

media_player samsung:
    host: 192.168.1.11
    name: TV

Any clues would be appreciated.

If you use this command you will get an interactive GUI:
samsungctl --host 10.10.10.10 --method websocket --interactive --port 8001

replace 10.10.10.10 with the actual IP of your TV.

I tried that command and replaced the ip address but now I am getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/samsungctl", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('samsungctl===0.6.0-git', 'console_scripts', 'samsungctl')(                                                                                  )
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/samsungctl/__main__.py", line 93, in main
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/samsungctl/__main__.py", line 37, in _read_                                                                                  config
NameError: global name 'FileNotFoundError' is not defined