Samsung windfree AC integration

I would like you to make proper integration for samsung windfree models. All I could find is an integration via smartthings, and that one doesnt support mode as its windfree… Could you do something about this, or give me some further info if I am wrong, and some way does exist…

Have the same problem
I join the request

2 Likes

Hi,
I’d like to join in on the request

2 Likes

Have the same need…joining this request

2 Likes

Hello, this problem is resolved by custom smarthings integration in HACS. :wink: Have a nice day!

Hello, this problem is resolved by custom smarthings integration in HACS. :wink: Have a nice day!

Hello, this problem is resolved by custom smarthings integration in HACS. Have a nice day!

Hi, I can’t find this integration in HACS. Can you give me the url to repository

Just write SmartThings Custom, that is the exact name. There is possibility of windfree, light control, sound control… Everything you possibly need.

1 Like

Link is https://github.com/veista/smartthings

3 Likes

Hello,

If you use MQTT, have a SmartThings account and use docker on Linux, try out the bridge I created:

Tested it with my 2 Geo + aircons. It’s not perfect but keen on some feedback.

Sorry, I’m new to Home assistant, I’m coming from Smartthings. I wanted to understand if there is a way to integrate just the windfree air conditioners without having to integrate the entire smartthings account in the cloud. I have over 80 devices in Smartthings, and I would only like to take these 2 air conditioners with me. Should I delete them all from Smartthigs, or is there some other solution, maybe even local? Thank you

Hi Diegocampy. Not sure which version of the aircons you have but for the latest ones Samsung locked the devices in to their eco system. So at a minimum you will need a smartthings account with at least the two aircons on it. From there using the HACS smarthings integration or if it the aircons are compatible and you are willing to try, the solution I mentioned.I found at least two other options for older versions of the aircons but would need some development, check out GitHub - SebastianOsinski/HomebridgePluginSamsungAirConditioner: Homebridge plugin for controlling Samsung Air Conditioners working on port 2878.

1 Like

Yes, I did it like this and it works, but I had to eliminate the integration because by logging into Smartthings, over 100 devices that I have in my account are imported into Home Assistant and I would like to import only the air conditioners, precisely so as not to cause too much confusion on Home Assistant with double devices with the same name, an old one from smartthings and a new one from home assistant. I’m at the beginning of the configuration on Home assistant, perhaps I could wait towards the end, and delete everything from Smartthings leaving only the air conditioners if there are no other solutions. Thank you

I finally got rid of smartthings hub and am a pure HA user. Now I have the two integrated air conditioners, but also the three cameras, and I keep getting this error every time I restart. Is there anything we can do to fix it? I would like to keep the cameras, they are useful as motion sensors

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/sensor/__init__.py:691
Integration: Sensore (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:32:05 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:32:05

Entity sensor.telecamera_garage_rssi_signal_strength (<class 'custom_components.smartthings.sensor.SmartThingsSensor'>) is using native unit of measurement 'None' which is not a valid unit for the device class ('signal_strength') it is using; expected one of ['dBm', 'dB']; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise create a bug report at https://github.com/veista/smartthings/issues
Entity sensor.telecamera_casetta_rssi_signal_strength (<class 'custom_components.smartthings.sensor.SmartThingsSensor'>) is using native unit of measurement 'None' which is not a valid unit for the device class ('signal_strength') it is using; expected one of ['dBm', 'dB']; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise create a bug report at https://github.com/veista/smartthings/issues
Entity sensor.telecamera_corridoio_rssi_signal_strength (<class 'custom_components.smartthings.sensor.SmartThingsSensor'>) is using native unit of measurement 'None' which is not a valid unit for the device class ('signal_strength') it is using; expected one of ['dBm', 'dB']; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise create a bug report at https://github.com/veista/smartthings/issues