Samsung Zigbee Buttons/Contacts Battery Issues

I have several of the Samsung multisensor buttons and contacts around the house. I also have several zigbee repeaters, in a mobile home. I’m running these with a conbee ii stick and ZHA. I will say these issues were also prevelant on Hubitat.

These buttons and contacts both die extremely fast. They also don’t report their percentages correctly. They can say 60 percent one report and be dead before the next report. Today I had a power outage and when everything rebooted the batteries reported a different percentage than they were before the house shut down.

Is this just an issue with these buttons/contacts? I would assume so as the issues carry over platforms. I thought I could fix it by moving my Hue bulbs that weren’t on the Hubitat Hub to the conbee but seems no go.

I’ve seen other posts on here mention they get 2-3 years out of batteries. I’m lucky to get 3 months, maybe 6 on the one’s that don’t have a lot of activity.

What do you use for Zigbee buttons that are reliable, fairly affordable, have at least 3 actions with a decent battery life.

What do you use for open/close contacts that are fairly affordable with a decent battery life. I don’t need temperature/accerlation or anything beyond open/close.

The Samsung products are multi-sensors and I believe that’s why they are dying quickly. I had hoped that disabling the temperature and accerlation would help but I assume this still reports to the conbee ii even if disabled.

Wish list: instant motion sensing in the buttons, not the contacts.

How does a non-chargable battery gain power? :laughing: