Satel integra

We are still waiting for fix for ETHM1 with firmware 1.07

ok, I will.

Until the next release, please note that hassio 0.84.3 (and very possibly some previous versions) throws the following message:

Ignoring alarm status message, same state
6:01 PM components/alarm_control_panel/satel_integra.py (WARNING)

This come ALL the time in a repeated way.

Any idea why?

I believe that first bullet point is solved in nyxnyx repo (see forks of your repo). “Works for me ™” :wink:

Could you please take a look also on reconnecting? It’s not that often but sometimes HA loses connectivity to Satel and as far as I can tell doesn’t try to reconnect. I need to restart HA to re-establish connection which can be PITA.
Also
Ignoring message: b’\xee’
is spamming logs. Could you move that to DEBUG level?
TIA

Yes, I have pretty good idea why - I’ve screwed up a bit :slight_smile:

The way Satel reports it’s “armed” state casuses multiple notifications about the same state. In the component I thought it shouldn’t happen and I’ve made it a warning.
In fact, this is quite “normal” behavior.

Can you please raise a bug against it so it doesn’t get forgotten?
I’m planning on working on this component soon enough, and this one is fairly easy to fix.

Thanks!

So the first point has indeed been addressed by nyxnyx, and I have managed to finally get it merged in, so hopefully this issue will go away with the next release.

Regarding reconnecting - I’ve made some effort to reconnect once we’ve lost connectivity, but indeed it doesn’t work robust enough: I catch one exception but when another happens (as it often does) - I’m dead in the water.

Can you raise a bug on this?

I should be able to get this fixed.

Good news that you’re workin’ on it.
Unfortunately my Satel Integra Alarm is broken en can’t help you testing at the moment.
I hope to buy a new motherboard soon.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks c-soft

Hi, great job with the component, works great!

i have an issue, i lost 3 binary sensors since i upgrade to 0,86, any idea?

Not working full great… because sometime status alarm show as UNKNOWN.

Hi,
Any news about adding support for ETHM-1??

Any updates pls? :slight_smile:

hi i have a problem with satel_integra too. i don’t have any info from satel, and this was all working in past. somebody know when will the bug be fixed? or any solution?

OK, folks, thanks for waiting.
Some news for you:

1. New version is merged into the core, so with the next release it should work stable. It works fine for me, including arming & disarming.
  2. If you want you can test out brand new version of this component, with additional features: partitions support (“strefy” in Polish) and setting outputs. Be warned: new config scheme is different from the old one, no compatibility - see below.

Here’s how to do it:

1. Download component from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3449xjoiugnyu4/satel_integra.zip?dl=0
  2. Unpack contents of the zip to your <config-dir>/custom_components so e.g. in my case *.py files are located here: \\HASSIO\config\custom_components\satel_integra
  3. Make sure you are using recent version (at least 0.88, otherwise it won’t work properly!)
  4. Configure your component. See example below. zones and outputs work as they do now - they show up as binary sensors. partitions are represented by separate alarm panels. switchable_outputs are represented as switches.
  5. Give it a go, test it out, comment. I’m pretty sure there are some issues, but it works quite allright for me now. Cheers!
satel_integra:
  host: 192.168.2.230
  port: 7094
  code: !secret alarm_code  
  partitions:
    01:
      name: 'Dom'
      arm_home_mode: 2
    02:
      name: 'Kontaktrony'
    03:
      name: 'Garage'
      arm_home_mode: 1   
  outputs:
    6:
      name: 'Dawn sensor'
      type: 'light'
  zones:
    01:
      name: 'czujka wejście'
      type: 'motion'
    02:
      name: 'hol'
    03:
      name: 'wc dół'
    05:
      name: 'salon'
  switchable_outputs:
    8:
      name: 'Brama garaż'
    9:
      name: 'Otwarcie bramy'
    10:
      name: 'Zamknięcie bramy'
3 Likes

At the moment when the DloadX program is determined by the input-based state, the switch does not work properly.

For example, pulse control (1s) with a garage door: The button opens the gate but it will not close it.

The solution for me was the template switch.

- platform: template
    switches:
      brama_wjazdowa:
        friendly_name: "Brama Wjazdowa"
        value_template: "{{ is_state('binary_sensor.brama_wjazdowa', 'on') }}"
        turn_on:
          service: switch.turn_on
          data:
            entity_id: switch.brama_wjazdowa2
        turn_off:
          service: switch.turn_on
          data:
            entity_id: switch.brama_wjazdowa2
        icon_template: >-
          {% if is_state('binary_sensor.brama_wjazdowa', 'on') %}
            mdi:garage-open
          {% else %}
            mdi:garage
          {% endif %}
1 Like

For everybody else having this issue: this is by design.

Status of the switch changes when it’s notified from Satel module. In this configuration Satel does not send update about changed output, and thus switch stays in previous state.

One possible workaround would be to introduce optional “optimistic” approach just as they do in MQTT switch, but that only assumes that switch was changed, without confirmation too.

This template solution above sounds much better.

Can you explaine more this section ? It is polish STREFA ? Why on some is arm_home_mode: 2 but on some is arm_home_mode: 1 but on some nothing ? For what is arm_home_mode ?

And i have an error on new version 0.3.4

Invalid config for [satel_integra]: expected int for dictionary value @ data[‘satel_integra’][‘partition’]. Got OrderedDict([(1, OrderedDict([(‘name’, ‘Dom’), (‘arm_home_mode’, 1)]))]). (See /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml, line 158). Please check the docs at Satel Integra - Home Assistant

My config example:
satel_integra:
host: 192.168.13.10
port: 7094
code: 12345
partition:
01:
name: ‘Dom’
arm_home_mode: 1
zones:
01:
name: ‘Wejście 1’
type: ‘motion’
15:
name: ‘Wejście 15’
type: ‘opening’

What is wrong ?

Please read original docs and my post carefully - there are all the answers. You got wrong config word, it’s partitions not partition.

But please explaine what is arm_home_mode: 1 or arm_home_mode: 2 or nothing(empty)?

Quote from: Satel Integra - Home Assistant :

arm_home_mode
(integer)(Optional)The mode in which arm Satel Integra when ‘arm home’ is used. Possible options are 1 , 2 or 3 . For more information on what are the differences between them, please refer to Satel Integra manual.

Default value: 1

On new version 0.3.4… it not working…no found any device from alarm… Now configuration is ok but i not found any device…

Error during setup of component satel_integra
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 154, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
AttributeError: module ‘custom_components.satel_integra’ has no attribute ‘setup’