Satel integra

Is anyone using Satel Integra solutions for alarm and basic home automation systems?
Would be great to have satel solutions integrated into home assistant as well.

It looks that openhub and as far as i know domoticz supports satel integral devices.
Adding support for satel solution will allow home assistant users to use all satel components (windows curtains, pir sensors, door contacts etc…)

I can provide satel API if anyone would like to work on that.

Satel home page: https://www.satel.pl/en/produktid/17

1 Like

Satel is also a binding in OpenHAB already, maybe could be somehow reused?

Would be great to have a Satel component

I’m working on it, but it’s going to be at least several weeks before I have something working.
Anybody up for testing?

Ready to test ! :wink:

That’s good timing - I’ve submitted pull request with support of satel integra:

It waits for the approval now, once it’s in there’s official support.
As of now, the only way to test is to clone my repo and run it from there - which is not for everyone I guess.
Fingers crossed it won’t be long before it makes it to the mainline.

Hello,

I just tried with your repo. Where can I set my satel user code ? I could not find in your code.

Does it work only with one partition ?

Thanks a lot.

At the moment you only put your code into the alarm panel to arm or disarm.
There is no need to put it into the config then.

Yes, it only works with one partition.

Do you need the support for more than one?

Ok for the code.

What is the expected behavior for the motion sensor when the alarm is disarmed ? Is the state in hass change when motion is detected by one of the satel detector ?
I ask you because I want to switch from a fibaro box where I can use each satel detector like, for example, fibaro motion detector. If it’s true, yes I need support for all my partitions.

Thanks again :wink:

OK, I understand you want to be able to use your satel motion sensor as trigger for actions?
That’s surely possible, no matter what state is the alarm.

Here’s the sample automation:

alias: Notify on the screen
trigger:
  platform: state
  entity_id: 'binary_sensor.gabinet'
  to: 'on'
  service: input_boolean.turn_on
  data:
    entity_id: input_boolean.movement_detected

Here’s sample config:

satel_integra:
  host: 192.168.2.220
  port: 7094
  partition: 1
  arm_home_mode: 2

zones:
  01:
    name: 'Czujka wejście'
    type: 'motion'
  02:
    name: 'Hol'
  05:
    name: 'Salon'
  12:
    name: 'Piętro dym'
    type: 'smoke'

Let me know if it works for you.
Thanks!

Happy to inform that the PR was approved and support for Satel Integra should be available soon.
Please note that encryption between Satel and HomeAssistant is not yet supported.

1 Like

Thank you for your contribution!

This implementation will allow me to build a robust ad indipendent security system and, at the same time, to use it as trigger to my home automation system!

Just a question: with this sensor we can also monitor the doors/windows sensor? (useful as trigger for other scenes).

Thank you!

Sorry for the delay ! It’s works and it’s awesome :wink:
Do you think it’s possible to add support for multiple partitions ?

Thanks a lot !

Thanks!
Yes, you can use any sensor that can be hooked to Satel Integra alarm, including windows/doors, sound, gas and others.

1 Like

Glad that it works for you.

I need to think about multiple partitions support. It’s certainly possible, but I don’t yet have an idea on how to do it properly.
It will be couple more weeks most likely, so please bear with me.

First of all, thank you for a lot of work you have done. I was glad to see this component en gave it a try.
After a lot of testing / trying, i can’t get it to work. Maybe someone can help me out.

I have an Satel integra 64 plus firmware 1.17 and the ETHM-1 v2 firmware 2.04, with 14 zones connected. (window and IR sensors)
In DloadX i have turned off encryption for integration protocol on de ETHM-1 module.
In de confugration.yaml just 2 zones for testing, the sensors are visible with the encryption off but the status won’t change.
With the encryption on, there are no sensors visible.
So i think there is a connection with the Satel panel when the encryption is off.
Satel Integra

confuguration.yaml

satel_integra:
   host: 192.168.1.49
   port: 7094
   partition: 1
   arm_home_mode: 1

zones
   02:
     name: 'Voordeur'
     type: 'opening'
   03:
     name: 'Gang'

This is what the log is reporting:

2017-10-06 09:44:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 237, in _step
result = next(coro)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/satel_integra/satel_integra.py”, line 322, in monitor_status
yield from self.start_monitoring()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/satel_integra/satel_integra.py”, line 163, in start_monitoring
resp = yield from self._read_data()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/satel_integra/satel_integra.py”, line 261, in _read_data
data = yield from self._reader.readuntil(b’\xFE\x0D’)
AttributeError: ‘StreamReader’ object has no attribute ‘readuntil’
2017-10-06 09:44:14 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.template] Could not render template lastupdated, the state is unknown.

Is there a setting i missed?

Hello.
You need to upgrade python. Your version does not support asyncio.StreamReader readuntil.

Yes it works now i upgraded to HASSio. I was using hassbian. Thanks for helping me out.

Hi,

I have the same problem and I do not know haw to do it.

I am using jesse rpi2
NFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=alarm_control_panel>
INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=load_platform.alarm_control_panel, discovered=host=192.168.100.180, port=7094, partition=3, arm_home_mode=1, zones=1=name=Wejscie dom 1, type=motion, 2=name=Garaz, type=motion, 3=name=Salon, type=motion, platform=satel_integra>
INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded alarm_control_panel.satel_integra from homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel.satel_integra
INFO:homeassistant.setup:Setup of domain satel_integra took 1.4 seconds.
INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=satel_integra>
INFO:satel_integra.satel_integra:Starting monitor_status loop
ERROR:homeassistant.core:Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 237, in _step
result = next(coro)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.4/site-packages/satel_integra/satel_integra.py”, line 322, in monitor_status
yield from self.start_monitoring()
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.4/site-packages/satel_integra/satel_integra.py”, line 163, in start_monitoring
resp = yield from self._read_data()
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.4/site-packages/satel_integra/satel_integra.py”, line 261, in _read_data
data = yield from self._reader.readuntil(b’\xFE\x0D’)
AttributeError: ‘StreamReader’ object has no attribute ‘readuntil’

I like this component very much and i hope that the alarm outputs can be used as a trigger in a future update.