Save a camera snapshot with archive when motion is detected

The delay cannot be 0, slide the cursor to any value from 1 up and it will work.

It’s telling you that your strftime format parameters are in a bad format. I’d look at and correct your arguments %Y%m%d-%H%M%S

Can you elaborate more?

You have to set the delay to a value bigger than 0. I’ve set it to 2 seconds as you can see in the photo.

Sorry for late reply. I am not sure what changed, as I haven’t been playing with this for the last couple of days, but today the script runs, but… no picture is saved. I am a newbie and I must be doing something stupid.
Thanks for your help and time!

I had the same exact problem that you did, but was able to get it to work. This is basically what I did (and let me know if this solved your problem/not):

I went into the Media tab in HA (also known as Media Browser/Sources)
Next, I clicked on the Local Media tab and then went to the upper right corner and clicked on Manage
I then uploaded an image file (it can really be anything).

I tested it and it worked. I am going to try and include screenshots, but as you will be able to see (from the Blueprint), it looks largely the same as yours.

Sorry for being OT but did you ever solve this?

I just noticed that for the past 3 months, it has stopped saving the photo. The new file exists, but with 0 Bytes, resulting in an empty image. I’m not sure why this is happening as there are no error messages. Could it be due to an update? Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Are there any updates I need to make to the template?

Does this work with HA core? I dont see any Local Media in my media folder.
I am having trouble getting the images to save somewhere. I am running HA core in docker running on Synology NAS. I have also tried to point the file saving to the same location as my DOODS saving location which is a folder within my WWW config folder.

So keen to get this working.

I’m not sure about HA Core as I don’t use it. But I don’t see why not as long as the media folder is configured.

I got it working. Logs said the time field was not set. I thought not setting it would have just left it as 0, but you need to physically add a number.

can you please fix the blueprint so it can be imported?

How can I store those shapshots on NAS with SMB share?

1 Like

Great blueprint!

I have noticed and I’m not sure why, some snapshots will appear as blank with a missing image ? icon.

Happens on 1/8 snapshots

What issues are you running into?

I haven’t seen this, are there any errors in the logs?

Hi, where can I find the log exactly?

Would be good to have either & or of the sensors. Thank you for the blueprint work as well